+ Reply to Thread

Thread: data plan ?

data plan ?

with my verizon plan from a year and a half ago i got email and browsed the web without a data usage charge unless i used the web browser that came with the rom or used high speed access. now i have a new verizon plan (no data plan) and last month and got charged for getting email? before my email simply took away from my minutes used for the month. has this changed with the new verizon plans? talking with verizon cs they said anything that used the internet? i sure hope not. what is the scoop? thanks

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Verizon is cracking down on minutes usage with the 7135. They're "forcing" people to get data plans.
    Michael

true they tried that when i signed up but after i said i would send the phone back they backed down and said i could have the voice only plan. i am now wondering if its because i automatically logged into their fast network?

is there a way to force the phone only to use the slow network?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Sure. Start the "Prefs PDA" application and go to the "Network" section using the gadget in the upper-right corner. Set it to use the "Quick2Net" service. That's the slow network.
    Michael

thanks SilvrDrgn my phone was set to the express network option so maybe that was it. i hope so.