+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help on activating a 7135 with Verizon

While waiting for delivery of "like new" 7135, I checked with Verizon to learn what the process is to transfer service to this model from my current 6035. I was told by the Verizon CSR that I can no longer add this model to their service because of ongoing technical differences.(unless I currently had this model) Does anyone know of any alternatives? Or has anyone else encountered this? I have a good plan with them, and despite what has been said about the 7135 it really fits my needs. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

you can do it online
    or over the phone. no teller needed.
    just copy your service settings from your old phone to this one (111111 on the main screen go to ->options->programming->000000)
    than call #228, or online (clicky click)

you can use this message section for a little more help clicky clicky (other fourm)
    Last edited by ironsoulreaver; 05-03-2005 at 06:11 PM.

oh and dont listen to katone you can get it activated. just go over the CSR's head, and so forth till you get what you want.

headaches... (and not really worth it)

but it seems that iron likes that.. shaking his head, that is.

i m just kidding, the 7135 is great, and you will activate it indeed.
    I was in ur shoes dkr.. don t get me wrong.

FUNNY.. you may have a headache... but if your hard headed you wont care

Talking

Thanks for the options, I guess all see what happens when the phone arrives. I'm sure I' ll be bangin' your brains with other stuff. I'm technically challanged and new to this site. So it'll be a great learning tool. (this site I mean), the phone will have to prove itself!
    Later

if you got a good one.. youl love the phone. most phones on e-bay were the ones with "issues" but no need to worry it is all fixable! i got mine on e-bay and it works great. no problems: good luck my friend
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]

mine wasn t fixable...

activation

I got mine on eBay and it works great. When I got it I called Verizon and told the person I bought a 7135 from someone else and I want it activated. She asked for the little numbers behind the battery and 5 minutes later I was up and running.

I tried activating online; got "we are unable to fulfill your request", with an 800 number to call.

Called the 800 number, and 3 people (the rep, the tech support, and the supervisor) all said I could NOT activate that phone. I tried for 20 minutes.

Called my local Verizon Plus store, and was activated in UNDER 5 MINUTES.

My advice:

(1) Try local before trying the national 800 number.

(2) If one local Verizon store won't activate it, try another. You don't have to go in, you just have to call.

(3) If at first you don't succeed, go back to step 2.

P.S. I also got mine off of eBay.

Gronk, thanks for the insight, I'm anxious to get it delivered, the seller didn't even respond when I asked him for info. on how to activate it, his post said he'd pass along the ESN, but seems to be just lip service, he appears to be focused on selling 'em quick. Which may mean ... I'll see what happens when/if it gets here. Thanks to all, for the hope that it MAY work. I'm sure I'll be learning a whole lot more from all the 7135 veterans here on what I should & shouldn't do or expect, ie "Backup Buddy" what is it & why? You'll see by my questions I'm a rookie looking for knowledge!
    Later

Originally posted by dkrfinance
    Gronk, thanks for the insight, I'm anxious to get it delivered, the seller didn't even respond when I asked him for info. on how to activate it, his post said he'd pass along the ESN, but seems to be just lip service, he appears to be focused on selling 'em quick. Which may mean ... I'll see what happens when/if it gets here. Thanks to all, for the hope that it MAY work. I'm sure I'll be learning a whole lot more from all the 7135 veterans here on what I should & shouldn't do or expect, ie "Backup Buddy" what is it & why? You'll see by my questions I'm a rookie looking for knowledge!
    Later
    Hey dkrfinance
    check out this thread... I try to keep it up to date with any new info...
    mg
    Setting up and Optimizing the 7135
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Originally posted by ironsoulreaver
    no teller needed.
    just copy your service settings from your old phone to this one (111111 on the main screen go to ->options->programming->000000)
    than call #228
    I just watched a teller try at it for 45 min. She did all that, entered it into the computer, the 111... thing. I didnt know what it does but you mentioned it here as well.
    Anyway, she told me that no more ESN numbers are being entered into the database. So if you want to use a Verizon phone, you'll have to use on that's already in the DB and cannot be re-entered.

If anyone can get these to work, I'll give u my info and paypal u $5 when I make my first phone call.

Originally posted by LockNTross
    I just watched a teller try at it for 45 min. She did all that, entered it into the computer, the 111... thing. I didnt know what it does but you mentioned it here as well.
    Anyway, she told me that no more ESN numbers are being entered into the database. So if you want to use a Verizon phone, you'll have to use on that's already in the DB and cannot be re-entered.

If anyone can get these to work, I'll give u my info and paypal u $5 when I make my first phone call.
    LocknTross- thanks, look back on this thread & you'll see I'm not tech savy! where do you enter this 111.. thing? I'm a very simple guy! Finances, I know all about, carpentry, mechanical all good tech. I'm behind the times, like spending an extensive amount of time to program the 8 track time setting!!!

Originally posted by LockNTross
    No more ESN numbers are being entered into the database. So if you want to use a Verizon phone, you'll have to use one that's already in the DataBase and cannot be re-entered.
    dkrfinance,
    I dont know where to enter the 1's. I watched her typing them into the main screen, as if to dial. But then she walked away to ask someone else. Apparently it wasnt working for her.
    Either because this specific Kyocera model doesnt have the 1's feature, or the thing will never program and it just a useless PDA.

Either way, PM some hot details on mutual funds and a hot stock or two in May.

LockNTross,

I dont even have the darn thing yet maybe I'm like kid waiting for a birthday present! I just want to have everything lined up & ready to put to work when it gets here. I'll try what ever.

P.S. There are no "hot stocks" or funds, the best suggestion is to follow this creed of "3 D's" Diverisfy, Discipline, and Dollar cost average. If your objective isn't going to change for a while then dont bail!

heh, I hear ya. That's what all my business major friends say as well.

And I wish you the best of luck when your phone arrives! Who knows, I could owe you $5

Smile success activating 7135

just wanted to let you know that my 7135 was activated today in KS after being told numerous times by Verizon reps that it was impossible.

followed suggestions in this series of posts - got into phone with the 111...000.. then tried *228 etc -- it failed but then Verizon sent a note saying they noticed I was changing equipment and call them if it wasn't me ....... I called asked for help and someone in TX spent a couple hours making it happen -- obviously they haven't heard it is impossible.

Good luck. Verizon seems very inconsistent and internally confused on this. But........

Congrats , would someone mind posting a little bit more info over the 111...000.. then .. *228 method? I know the teller helping me did that, but I don’t recall how.

And revlen, any mention regarding what they told you? Any keywords or buzz-phrases mentioned? I was entered into the system ( *228 ), but the Verizon ESN system was stopping me.
    I don’t know how they were able to activate you if 7135 ESN’s cannot be activated...

Edit: - If someone could post the name/number of one of the reps who helped them out, that way we can all have access to the same means. I'd like to be able to create a sticky for the ban on 7135, if we can get this resolved in any way.
    Last edited by LockNTross; 05-05-2005 at 07:44 PM.