+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Powerman users?

Powerman users?

Just ran across a listing for a program called Powerman that allows for setting different profiles (vibrate, brightness, etc.)

This looks like an interesting program and would fit a want that I have for a program that allows changing the brightness at different times. (Minimum brightness after 10PM, maximum brightness at 8 AM onwards.)

I tried searching this forum and the web but can't find anything on it other than the brief palmgear listing. http://pda247.palmgear.com/index.cfm...&prodid=101868

It says it is OS 4 and 5 compatible but I'm more than a little concerned about using it on the 7135 without knowing more about it.

Has anyone here tried it or an equivalent program for autmatic timed adjustment of brightness?

I downloaded the zip but it only contained a PRC - no readme, history.txt, or other information.

Thanks,
    Tim

how bout you do a full backup and test it out... be a crusader.
    if it messes anything up, its fixable..
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]

I was planning on doing it when my schedule would not be thrown off by random flakiness. I've been fortunate to be pretty stable for the last 3 months or so since replacing a 7135 that died.

Of course if/when I do it, I'll report back to this thread on how it went.

Slightly off topic:
    I remember the old high traffic days on this forum when the bleeding edge users here would always try new programs before I had even heard of them. The real hard-core bleeding edge people have now largely moved on leaving some of us die-hards hanging around. The volume of postings is sure a lot lower now.

Odd, I tried refreshing my link to Powerman and it no longer works. I also can't find it by searching on Palmgear directly or google. Perhaps it was pulled for some reason.
    Glad I didn't try it after all.

I found a link at Palmgear and it says, "The selected product is no longer available. Please use the search function to locate an alternative."

Originally posted by ProfessorA
    Slightly off topic:
    I remember the old high traffic days on this forum when the bleeding edge users here would always try new programs before I had even heard of them. The real hard-core bleeding edge people have now largely moved on leaving some of us die-hards hanging around. The volume of postings is sure a lot lower now.
    Hey I'm always into responding to the off topic comments... Someone remembers those were the heddy days back then. Its interesting to see the differences in the phone's users now compared to the bleeding edge crowd...
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.