+ Reply to Thread

Why not Samsung I550

I was perusing the Samsung I500 site here at pdaphonehome.com and came across many of the same comments about not leaving the I500 for the Sprint Treo 650. They are clamoring for the I550 replacement.

I am wondering why Verizon doesn't pick up that phone as a replacement for the 7135? Does Sprint have an exclusive window with this phone so Verizon can't get it. I would think they market opportunity for Samsung on Verizon would be better than Sprint. Maybe Verizon should buy Sprint and shut them down but bring there phones across. Sprint will probably bite the dust soon anyway.

I am sure I am missing something obvious here but I desparately want an upgrade from my 7135 and the Treo 650 isn't it!

According to Phonescoop , the I550 has been cancelled.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

I just figured that out as well. It looks like Palmone has Sp[rint and VZW eating out of there hands.

As I understand it Sprint has an exculsive arrangement with PalmOne to offer the T650 for a certain amount of time before other carriers. Combine that with VZW glacial testing process and it will take VZW a while to release any new phone.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

the i550 would have for sure been the greatest replacement for the 7135..