+ Reply to Thread
    Rob

mp3 player that works better on 2gig

I'm still using the stock mp3 player, but when you have 1.6gig in mp3's, it takes over 4 minutes to pull up the directory.
    Any of the other mp3 players out there have a way to pull up ONLY certain catagories at a time?

At least the 2 gig SD card works with no flaw in the 7135.

Bebopper pulls up the lists much quicker and has more functions, well work the cost to buy it

JohnA

Yah... the stock MP3 player rebuilds the playlist each time you run it. Beeboper does it only once, when you make it. If you got 1.6 gig of MP3's I highly recommend the 'booper!
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Re: mp3 player that works better on 2gig

If you don't mind, what brand and what speed was the 2GB SD card?

Originally posted by Rob
    I'm still using the stock mp3 player, but when you have 1.6gig in mp3's, it takes over 4 minutes to pull up the directory.
    Any of the other mp3 players out there have a way to pull up ONLY certain catagories at a time?

At least the 2 gig SD card works with no flaw in the 7135.

bebopper is great, but the developper didn t want to refund some of my money after my 7135 died and bebopper was registered for only 2 weeks!
    not cool at all< he could have worked with me on this.
    pretty lame.

Before getting my 7135 I was using a Palm Zire 31 which came with the a PDA RealPlayer installed. In addition to being able to install MP3s directly from the RealPlayer app on my PC to the Zire 31, as has been pointed out by others, the RealPlayer app on the PDA did not reconstruct the play list each time the app was started. New songs were simply added to the existing list when they were installed. As MGuzzy points out, Bebopper works this way, but I was wondering if the RealPlayer PDA app could be used on the 7135. Since the Zire 31 runs Palm OS5 rather than OS4, I suppose the RealPlayer MP3 software might not work on a 7135. Does anyone know?
    Last edited by tedcmiller; 08-29-2005 at 08:41 AM.

I too have a copy of Realplayer software off a Zaire, but have not attempted to install it. I got the disk after trying to IR it from her Zaire. When doing the IR, my 7135 set up a new category "media" in the dropdown menu, but wouldn't run the app. I was told by some tech-savvy person - I think, it was months ago - that it won't run because of the higher OS. If you get it to go, let me know!

Realplayer on the 7135 - Forget about it!

The 7135 uses the ancient but venerable Dragonball processor running at a meager 33MHz.

The only reason the 7135 could play MP3's is because it has an added chip, an application specific DSP, to process audio.

A strictly software based decoding is going to be severely hobbled on this platform. Bit rates will be extremely limited - below 24kbit/s.

There is no chance any commercial software based player meant for any other phone/pda is going to work in the 7135.

End of story.
    Last edited by ReadOnly; 08-30-2005 at 09:04 AM.