Closed Thread

Question Should I get a 7135.

I left a post in the newbies "what should I get section if you want to see more details, but thought this forum might help.

I'm in a quandry. My old Nokia is in bad shape and needs replacement. Am going to jump to Verizon or Alltel from Cingular since the service has deteriorated around her. (new orleans)
    Have had Palms for 10 years. I have Palm Vx that I like, but haven't been using it because it's too much trouble to sync and carry 2 devices.

I really need something that I can keep both a calendar and lots of contacts on and can sync to Outlook. Internet a low priority and email is not important. Been to both Verizon and Alltel. Really liked the treo 600's screen and operation, but it looks plasticy and maybe fragile. Also it requires a 44.95 data plan on top of the voice plan. I had sorta decided on a Kyocera 7135 last week, but when I called Alltel, they said they weren't selling it anymore. When I stopped by the main Alltel store today, they had one. It's a little big and heavy compared to the treo, but it looks sturdier. I also understand from Alltel that I can get on the net occasionally without extra charge just using up some minutes.

Also, I could conceivably get by with a non-pda something like the LGVX4500 or LX5550 if the built-n calendar and contacts are reasonably easy to use and syncable with Outlook. They were both impressive little phones for the money. I have about 1700 contacts (many outdated or useless, but would rather not have to cull them) and I often set reminders for things I have to do to remind me several times per week til I actually do them.

I'm still leaning towards the 7135 as the "practical choice", but the Treo was pretty. And fast. Didn't get to use the 7135 to assess it's speed. If it's as fast as a Palm Vx, that's enough for me.

Any pro's and con's, or ideas on alternatives are appreciated.

whatever you do dont sign an alltel contract!
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]

Please explain. The seemed to have decent ratings in the last reports. Also, they seem to be the only ones offering a 7135.

( You can send comments privately if worried about a lawsuit.)

ive been with alltel for a while... they are *******s.. the phone bills are rediculous Mine vary from 75-100$ a month on a 600 minute plan. they dont suck like big balls on a stick but i was with t-mobile before i was with alltel. alltel has poor customer support, poor reception, poor prices... t-mobile. excellent support great prices, great reception

but if you find the right rep for alltel you can get everything you want from them... they wanted me to put a 300$ down payment but the guy i was going through passed it off. but he made me buy a phone case and car kit like it was required in order to buy the phone for a cheap price.. and he put services on my phone i didnt want.

on the good ide you would have zero trouble getting your phone turned on by alltel.. even if u bought it on e-bay like i did.

verizons messin with 7135 users.

also in the good side alltel offers a 5.99 data plan.. unlike verizon.

Administrator
    post in the newbies section. please dont cross post.