+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy unable to recharge battery when in phone

Can someone help w/ this? I just got a 7135, presumably in good condition and complete working order. However, I am not able to charge a battery when its in the phone, unless I do a soft reset each time. This is true whether the phone is in the cradle, plugged into a Kyocera travel charger or K. auto charger. The batteries (2 used, one possibly on its last leg, one a new aftermarket 1200 mAh) - all appear to fully charge when in the extra slot in the cradle. Thanks for any help!

Administrator
    how are you able to confirm the phone is not charging the batts? are you looking at the meter on the display or are you using the phone normally?

also, have you done a complete hard reset?

The battery meter does not change (unless I change to the battery in the slot), and does not show the 'recharging dialog'
    I have done a complete hard reset, but will try another one as there was one occasion when I did get the recharging screen.
    Also, looks like I'm going over to the 'dark side'. My new employer is using a PC based EHR, with Pocket PC PDA's and PC or Tablet PC interfaces. I wish I could say I was really dreading the change, but ...... Anyway, I guess I'll see how it goes. Nevertheless, thanks for the 7135 help. I'm still going to be using it for at least another month or so, so help is still appreciated.

I just re-tried the hard reset, and also checked the contacts (the center one in the phone that may not have been making optimal contact, so I bent it to match the other two). It looks like this made no difference. I also get the slow flashing red light on the phone, so I presume it is a problem w/ the charger? Also, the battery icon in the Kyocera screens will show partial charge or full charge, but this does not seem to correlate w/ the charge percentage shown in ZLauncher (e.g. 58% when phone shows full charge in cradle, 1 bar down out of cradle).