+ Reply to Thread

Question Kyo 7135 Batteries

Hi All...

Can someone fill me in on the differences, if any, on the different batteries that I'm seeing available for the 7135?

The ones I'm see are:
    TXBAT10002,
    TXBAT10007,
    TXBAT10034,
    TXBAT10037

My phone came with the 034 battery... Kyocera's site shows the 037. So what's the difference in these since they are all readily available on the web?

I've also noticed that the mAh varies from 900 to 1200. Though I've seen virtually every rating associated with every battery listed above. I think these online stores are all smoking crack when it comes to listing the real specs for the batteries.

Any help would be appreciated!

I think they are all 1200mha.

The 3 in my possesion say txbat10002.

I bought my most recent batery from ebay - edgecellular.com
    They claimed it as new but it had some wear marks like it was in a phone already so beware!

Nothing like a fresh battery to get you through a day of use.

I buy one about every 9 months.

just different production runs from the factory

Thumbs up

For all that replied, thanks for the information.

I'm thinking I'll stick to the OEM ones and just assume, as suggested, that they are just different cell manufacturers, or something to that effect.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by waiting
    I think they are all 1200mha.

The 3 in my possesion say txbat10002.

I bought my most recent batery from ebay - edgecellular.com
    They claimed it as new but it had some wear marks like it was in a phone already so beware!

Nothing like a fresh battery to get you through a day of use.

I buy one about every 9 months.
    Yikes! every 9 months? I've had my original battery for almost 3 years now. Still works fine. Charged every night. Over the last month or so it has started to swell up a bit to where it bows out the battery cover. I think that's an indication that it has begun to leak internally... I just ordered a new one direct from Kyocera. I decided to spend the few extra bucks to know exactly what I was getting since I'm pretty sure this will be the last one and availability could be a problem in the future.

Yes, the numbers are batch numbers. I believe Kyocera has more than one supplier for batteries. I vaguely remember that the "rapid disassembly" problem was due to one supplier contracting out to a 3rd party that cut some corners...

I would not buy something like this from eBay (well, OK, I would buy from Dan's Cellular), but it is very common to get stuff like batteries with scuff marks on them. These guys buy in bulk and there isn't any individual packaging involved. They get a cardboard box with a bunch of new batteries (completely bare) neatly stacked in there. They rub together. When you buy from the eBay seller they sit in their basement and put them in the tiny little baggies to ship to you. Yes, it could be used but just the scuff marks would not necessarily imply that.

-Quick