+ Reply to Thread

7135 and Goodlink

Question...Can the 7135 be set up to receive email from a goodlink server? If not, what is the best option for corporate email synch?

Thanks a bunch !!!

If your corporate email is Lotus Notes, try out mNotes (www.commontime.com).

I tried Goodlink and it was a no-go. Their website specifically states Treo 600/650 as the only palm platforms they support.

Thanks, you are right, only the Treo is supported by Goodlink. I am now using the wireless synch option from Verizon which uses PC Monitor to push your email from Outlook to your 7135. Not as good as blackberry or Goodlink but it works. You just need your PC to be on for it to synch up.

Note: you need one of the newer firmware/software versions for this to work. I was getting a 'Bks regisstration failed' error before I upgraded the phone. Took many hours of conversation with Verizon before we figured out this was the problem.

Swollen Member

Try Seven

I've been on the Seven beta trial since April. The 7135 is not specifically stated as being supported -- but it works. I just download the SW for one of the old Treo models using OS 4.x. Sets up behind your corporate firewall and allows you to sync email, contacts and calendar. Also allows you to send attachments from a folder on your PC that you designate. It's fast and fairly stable. They do perform lots of updates to their Beta code however (usually once per week or two).

www.seven.com