+ Reply to Thread

Finally back with my trusty 7135

I sold ky 7135 last year around June to go to Nextel. Yeah I know, I'm not sure What I was thinking either. After a year with Nextel and constant arguing about crappy service I won a battle to disconnect my service for free. I came back to Verizon and got the first phone I could get my hands on, a Samsung something or other. I also bought a Tungsten C while I was on Nextel cause I couldn't live without any type of Palm device, but hated to carry a phone and a PDA. I have been hunting and debating whether I want a t650 a t600 or the 7135. After much consideration and knowledge that I had all the little apps and bugs fixed on my old 7135. I had no doubt that I would be able to get another 7135 and make it rock solid. So I am back! Finally in business, I sold my Tungsten C and bought a 7135. Some things were nicer on my Tungsten C, but only somethings. It was not a money issue cause I could have bought any of those with the money I recieved from the sale of my T/C. Believe it or not it was a reliability issue. I knew the 7135, and I still had all my old apps to fix those common issues this phone had. I din't want to go through 6 months of playing to figure out the sweet spot with a t650 like I have found with the 7135. IMO you just cant beat the 7135. I love this phone!!!!!

Welcome BACK to the forum...Things have quieted down here quite a bit since last June. As you may know VZW is trying to get the 7135 off their network, for reasons they have yet to specify. So were you able to activate your 7135? Many people are reporting problems activating thier 7135s on VZW.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I first tried online, but that didn't work. Then I called VZW and gave them the ESN they read it back to me and told me that it was registered as a Kyo 7135 and after I told them that all that info was correct I waited for about 10 seconds and they told me to do the *228 for reprogram and that was it. No issues. I read somewhere that the issur was about E911 and I know for a fact that the phone has that capability, so not sure why people are having issues. I had it up and running 10 minutes after I got it, no problems at all!

And I'm glad to be back !!!!!!

Thats good to hear. If mine ever dies, I want another one.

WELCOME BACK! Glad you were able to reactivate. I've acquired a few additional 7135's as backups just in case mine dies.
    Ron Honey
    7135 Nut

Wow. What do I do to get them to reactivate? I called today to get my 7135 reactivated b/c my treo 650 seems to have died, and they WOULD NOT do it. I thought that was pretty crappy considering I had used that same phone with them for the last 1.5 plus years!!

Beth

Just deactivated 7135. Trying out i730 for 10 more days. Being self employed and a non-techie, I was unaware of the support available for the 7135. I was lost at sea filled with fatal errors and soft resets. Data support people were worthless.

If all goes well with the i730 what's the best way to pass on a 7135 to a new home?

I really didn't have to do any convincing. They asked for my ESN number I gave it to them and that was it. I have read that there have been issues with activation and I was ready for a battle. Not sure what the deal is.

They were even nice enough to offer me insurance on my Ebay phone. Didn't know that was an option. So now Its activated and covered. Maybe I caught someone that was upset that they were working for VZW and they loaded me up with the the insurance and gave me EN-MOU to get back at VZW. No complains here.

Passing on a Ky7135...

Gardener! If you're looking to sell the 7135, please feel free to contact me. I was forced to drop the 7135 and use a Treo650. I am not making the adjustment well. If I leave my employment, I would want to switch back to a 7135 on my personal cell plan with VZW. I am in Ionia, and an in Grand Rapids once a week, so we could hopefully arrange something.
    -John

Originally posted by gardener
    Just deactivated 7135. Trying out i730 for 10 more days. Being self employed and a non-techie, I was unaware of the support available for the 7135. I was lost at sea filled with fatal errors and soft resets. Data support people were worthless.

If all goes well with the i730 what's the best way to pass on a 7135 to a new home?