+ Reply to Thread

How to further dim or invert 7135 screen?

I need to reduce the glare from the 7135 when used at night.

When riding as a passenger, the brillance of the screen is unwelcome to the driver.
    Even when I answer a phone call or page at night, or need to look up another number after getting a call, the light level cast by these phones is very bright even at the lowest level, and is disruptive to both my night vision and to the sleep of others.

I really liked my 6035 for THIS aspect much better than what I have now.

Heck, Kyocera marketing could have plugged the 7135 as a flashlight as well as a phone and pda!

I have searched this forum and the FAQ several times and have not found any answers to this issue. Someone (I forget who) said they used an inverting hack, but the name given did not yield anything via google.

Please note, I am not talking about just the launcher screen - which could be themed with darker colors via something like ZLauncher. I need to look up contacts and work with files.

-ReadOnly

You could use the contrast fixer app to set the brightness. The Screen Inverter is a simple app Here's a link:
    Screen inversion app. available?
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Most astronomy programs for PalmOS have a "night mode" where they invert the display and use a red-on-black color scheme. I don't remember which one it is, but one of them will leave the Palm in that mode even after exiting the application. Might be worth checking out.

THANK YOU!

That invert program does a great job!

I don't understand why I couldn't find that post!
    I would suggest it be elevated/appended to a FAQ.

Here's another app. Its a color scheme app for the Palm OS4 and earlier that integrates itself into the Prefs menu. It also has a invert scheme, that is essentially red on black.... try that one out too. Best of all its freeware.
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/colortheme.shtml
    mg

Thanks

While ColorTheme looks interesting, I think I'll stick with Invert - it can be locked into my favorites in McPhling and launched very easily from there as compared to buried in a preference panel.

Then too, Invert is something that lots of 7135's seem to handle well, and stability is a plus too.

Thanks.

My thought with the Color Theme was that one of the other Schemes might work for both night and day... I know sometimes I will switch to a different theme just to see a different set of colors for awhile. There are other apps that give you the ability to define all the colors, which allows you to make up your own theme. But yes inverter is easier. I wonder if it can be assigned to a hard key?
    mark

ReadOnly,

Heck, Kyocera marketing could have plugged the 7135 as a flashlight as well as a phone and pda!
    Absolutely! I use mine regularly for a sort of "area lighting" type of flashlight.

Or did, until this morning when it turned into a decorative but otherwise useless piece of modern technology.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P