+ Reply to Thread

Question repair my 7135!!???

people/forum,

i need help.

verizon, as you know, stopped carrying the 7135. i hate the phone at times, actually most of the time. but, at the end of the day i'm still in love with it.

i don't know how to explain it. i just love it. i think i always will.
    anyway, i dont want to get the treo 650. i just dont want it.

so, this leaves me with one choice, repair my 7135. it has started to open up...it's showing through its skin...it's breaking, the screen is starting to come off. i've even taped parts of it. i get shut offs and lose data more often now...so i need help!!

is there anyone that would repair my phone, more hardware than software. (the software has always sucked on this phone as you know). but i just need to know who might be able to repair and get it back to me....would kyocera do this? i remember it was always verizon that handled any and all repair. now they are finished with this model.

so the question remains, WHAT DO I DO!!?????? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

THANKS

radioshack
    they now service kyocera warranties, and should have no problem sending for out of warranty repairs too
    they dont repair in house, they send to their internal repair depot in texas

repair the 7135...????

hey rasaqu. thanks man.

radioshack. very very interesting comment.

i called them, they said they service like 20,000t types of phones and they do do kyoceras. they didn't know of them model per se, but they said there is almost a 100% chance they have serviced the 7135 before due to their vastness. didnt' realize how big they were.

anyway, great recommendation. only thing is it could take 10 days! i can't get another phone because if i do i believe it would deactivate the kyocera 7135 and then when it was time to reactivate after the repair i would assume verizon wouldn't do it. see the dilemna here!

maybe i just go w/out a cell for a while and godwilling radioshack can even repair the phone. the shell is coming off , the front face too, it's got a hole at the top where a plastic piece used to be( it's actually the little plastic piece where the sylus goes, kind of surrounding/adjacent to it...

anyway, if you have other advice as to how to deal, let me know.

but all in all, great call here!

thanks!

How long have you had the phone - is it in warranty or has it expired? I imagine its out of warranty, but RS should still take it. I had mine sent there a few mos ago for in-warranty work, but they kept it a month waiting on the connector which causes the SRCP prob, finally sending me a brand new 7135 instead. Just thought you should know...
    What about buying a good shell on ebay, then taking your boards out of yours & Putting them in the donor?

Re: repair my 7135!!???

Originally posted by hirschnet
    people/forum,

i need help.

verizon, as you know, stopped carrying the 7135. i hate the phone at times, actually most of the time. but, at the end of the day i'm still in love with it.

i don't know how to explain it. i just love it. i think i always will.
    anyway, i dont want to get the treo 650. i just dont want it.

so, this leaves me with one choice, repair my 7135. ..........
    so the question remains, WHAT DO I DO!!?????? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

THANKS

Another option is to get a cheap replacement. I've got a few backups I acquired in case my beloved 7135 craps out; would be willing to sell you one or you can get one off ebay. PM me if you're interested.
    Ron Honey
    7135 Nut

thaxman and ronhoney:

i appreciate the notes. the problem i see with radioshack is that it will take time.

the other problem i see, ronhoney, is that were you on verizon before? if i get a phone from you, i won't be able to activate it i assume as verizon does not allow it activated anymore (the 7135).

please advise.

i think i just might have to switch to a free treo 650. afterall, it will be free. verizon replaces the 7135 for free with a 650 you might be aware.

anyway, let me know what you guys think.

I have a repair problem as well. My left side corner (where the hinge is) has broken off and I am looking for a replacement housing. I need a dead or dummy phone- there's only one on ebay right now... I can only get it replaced with the Treo 650 and I want MY phone! Any help would be appreciated.

BTW this forum has helped me many times, with this phone and with my old 6035. Thanks for all the help.

Originally posted by hirschnet
    thaxman and ronhoney:

i appreciate the notes. the problem i see with radioshack is that it will take time.

the other problem i see, ronhoney, is that were you on verizon before? if i get a phone from you, i won't be able to activate it i assume as verizon does not allow it activated anymore (the 7135).

please advise.

i think i just might have to switch to a free treo 650. afterall, it will be free. verizon replaces the 7135 for free with a 650 you might be aware.

anyway, let me know what you guys think.
    My understanding is if you've already got a 7135, Verizon will let you replace it with another one if the original dies. There's some other discussions within the Forum on that topic.
    Ron Honey
    7135 Nut

I have called every verizon store within 100 miles, plus the main verizon Customer Service number and there are no 7135's to be had. So unless you get lucky and find one in your area, looks like Ebay is the best place.

Anyone got a housing they want to sell or a dead phone they want to get rid of? Sure don't want a 650...

I have a 7135 that I no longer use and would be willing to sell it to you. Just let me know.

ron@networknerds.biz

Originally posted by ChiefNerd
    I have a 7135 that I no longer use and would be willing to sell it to you. Just let me know.

ron@networknerds.biz
    I sent you an email. Just making sure you got it.
    Thanks!

Update

Well with some epoxy, a clamp, and overnight drying time, I am back in business... at least until it breaks again, which it inevitably will.

I sure did miss my precious...