+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Graffiti 2 Hint

Graffiti 2 Hint

OK, I see all around me that G2 is pretty roundly cursed, and I don't see even a kind word directed its way, so far.

For that matter, I find it a bit more natural, but can see because I am not blind, that they seem to have bitten off more than they can chew, where some of the letters are pretty inaccessible.

I am all right with most stuff, but am bedevilled by the letter "k": It either comes out LC or LK or some other variation, but seldom "k". Less than 10% of the times I try to draw it.

Is there a way to get this one to work? It isn't really a help if you can't do it. Or have to use the keyboard.

Thanks.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    You can install a Graffiti replacement program like Jot or TealScript. They're both trainable back to Graffiti 1 characters. When I had my 7135, I used TealScript and it worked great!
    Michael

Graffitti Replacement

I'm having a ball with Millikeys (search the forum) for which Avatar X has provided his "stamp" and memo file that sets up the program for the stamp. I've played around with the settings and I can use Graffitti or the hunt and peck stamp, both on the graffitti screen (if you write big enough it considers the stroke graffitti but if you tap on the stamp with the stylus it reads the location on the stamp for the assigned letter).

What I've found is that I use graffitti for numbers and the stamp for letters and symbols and my data input speed has been greatly increased.
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

can you install the old style grafitti

I'm actually pretty OK with G2, as I find it a bit more natural where some letters are concerned, ("y" and "u" are examples) and capitals are more accessible, certainly.

Also, although I don't really need it, there is a great wealth of symbols available.

It is only the "k" that gives me endless fun in repeating and repeating the same strokes over and over and over 'til I get it.
    Don Cook

i cant make mine give a capital how do you do it

Form the letter over the dividing line between the number area and the letter area to form a catipal. Do NOT use the shift first.

Originally posted by Bionic4.0
    i cant make mine give a capital how do you do it
    Look at the Graffiti 2 instruction screen. It tells you in good detail how to do capitals,symbols, etc.
    Don Cook

The "LK" or "LT" issue sounds like it is happening in the address book - is it when entering a city? I had the same problem when I entered an "L" city into the address book, then the auto-populate feature took control, then after it stopped throwing in that spcific city, it began doing "LT" for all my city entries beginning with "T", so I began using the on-screen keypad to begin my "T" cities. Glad my replacement has Graffitti now.
    Does anyone know how to override the auto-populate feature?