+ Reply to Thread

Desperatley need Firmware. VZW & KYO say SOL.

I am a former 6035 user and i updated to a used 7135 from eBay roughly 3 months ago. It worked flawlessly for a month and a half before begining the well-known downward spiral of fatal resets which have led to my current state--it hard resets literally every 2 days, sometimes more. I was planning on simply purchasing another 7135, but as you know, Verizon will no longer activate them, despite the fact that i would be replacing another 7135.

Having exhausted nearly every other option (I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time before registering today), the only thing left to try is to update my firmware. I spoke with reps from both Kyocera and Verizon, but neither will update my firmware, nor provide me with the image or PST necessary to do the job myself.

I have read the FAQ on updating the 7135 firmware that is posted here, and so i began scouring the net, but to no avail. Is there anyone who could possibly steer me in the correct direction so that i may have better luck in my search for the firmware and PST?

My current firmware is:
    MZ 1.0.44 (which is the most current i believe)
    SZ 1.0.23 (i would like to update to SZ 1.0.29)

Thanks in advance for any help.
    -Nathan G.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Oh my.... you have mismatched firmware! When you have MZ 1.0.44, you are supposed to have SZ 1.0.29. If one side of the firmware is upgraded but not the other, very strange problems can happen including what you are seeing.

Check your private messages.
    Michael

Re: Desperatley need Firmware. VZW & KYO say SOL.

Originally posted by big_n8_dawg
    I was planning on simply purchasing another 7135, but as you know, Verizon will no longer activate them, despite the fact that i would be replacing another 7135.
    My friend activated his 7135 yesterday. Maybe it's a regional thing, but here in Cleveland, OH there are no problems activating a 7135 with Verizon.