+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Review of nWeb Browser on 7135

I was really ticked when my blazer 2.0 stopped working (see Blazer 1.x and 2.x cease web browsing ops Sep 22, 2005), but after loading and playing with the replacement (follow directions presented on your Blazer Screen to register for nWeb), I'm a happy camper. Novarra's nWeb ( see http://www.novarra.com/Solutions/nweb/index.htm has much better capability than Blazer opening sites I couldn't before. I was even able to transfer funds between banking accounts. Make sure you select the "Close on Exit" within options so your data connection is closed.
    Ron Honey
    7135 Nut

my blazer won't go any further than a blank screen. Can you post the directions to get the new browser?

Which version of NWeb did you download? They had a Kyo 6035 version but I didn't see a 7135 version.

Has anyone compared Web Pro V vs the nWeb? Both are novarra products and the palm site states if your mobile has Web Pro installed the nWeb won't work. I've been running Web Pro for ages and it works fine but if someone knows something about nWeb being better, I'd love to hear it!
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

I do have Web Pro installed. I don't like it because it makes you wait for the whole page to be loaded before you can do ANYTHING. You can't even scroll down until the page is done loading which can take a LONG time.

After several attempts to send the request form from Blazer, I finally got through. I filled out the form from the bottom (don't know if that helped); keep trying in a strong signal area. I immediately got an email with a link to download nWeb v2.01. I could never get WebPro to work on my 7135, but nWeb works great.

Good luck, all!
    Ron Honey
    7135 Nut

Which one did you download/install? There's not one specifically for the 7135.

My blazer won't work at all...

I can't get my blazer to load anything on my 7135...

I went to novarra's site and the closest I found was nweb for the 6035 on sprint. Will that one work?

Proxy based?

A couple of questions:

1) Is nWeb proxy based - i.e. - does it require graphics, etc to be modified by a Novarra server before displaying it? Some folks have issues with accessing secure web data when using a third parties proxy server - it is not as secure as without a proxy.

2) If it is NOT proxy based for graphics and formating, then will it open a local HTML file (SD card)? How about with graphics?

3) If it will open a local HTML file, will launching an HTML file on the card automatically start nWeb to handle it?

Here's the link:

click here

That link is for Treo 300 or Samsung i500. I don't doubt that it will work with a Kyo 7135 (even though I just got an e-mail from Novarra saying that they don't have a Kyo 7135 compatible version.)

But my question is, what advantage, if any, does nWeb have over Web Pro? I'm already using WebPro and don't want to go to the trouble of uninstalling it unless I'm going to get some kind of new benefit from nWeb.

Originally posted by jazmaan
    I do have Web Pro installed. I don't like it because it makes you wait for the whole page to be loaded before you can do ANYTHING. You can't even scroll down until the page is done loading which can take a LONG time.
    Really? Maybe mine downloads the entire page also but I know I can scroll down while it's still downloading images on the page. Is that what you meant?

-Quick

can someone just post the PRC? It would be a whole lot easier...

Ya, just post the PRC. That above link has says "Downloads Exceeded

The email address registered for the download of the web browser client has exceeded the number of applicable downloads. If you need to download the client again, please contact Palm Support. If you're a Sprint customer, please contact Sprint Customer Care by dialing *2 on your phone."

Did anybody ever get a PRC that works? I tried visiting the website via a PC, and after filling out the info it sent me a link, but when I loaded the prc I got multiple error messages saying that it was not compaitle with my Palm device (the 7135).

Originally posted by ardklg
    Did anybody ever get a PRC that works? I tried visiting the website via a PC, and after filling out the info it sent me a link, but when I loaded the prc I got multiple error messages saying that it was not compaitle with my Palm device (the 7135).
    Absolutely! I just followed the instructions and they sent me the correct version for my 7135. It works better than Blazer 2.0.

It also plays better with DirectoryAssistant than did Blazer 2.0.

I don't understand why so many REGISTERED users of Blazer are having trouble.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

what directions?

Originally posted by emorgana
    what directions?
    When you try to connect with Blazer, it puts up a redirect page with instructions to tap on the bottom of the page to have the new nWeb files sent to your PC. It then sends the prc to your pc for installation to your PDA. The instructions also say that this free upgrade is for REGISTERED users of Blazer. It has a seperate link to purchase and d/l nWeb if you are not a REGISTERED Blazer user.

The reason so many people are having trouble with the links posted above is that the prc is coded with the username, and therefore will only work with 1 PDA. I never saw the page that is supposed to have you select the version for your hardware. It was all done for me based upon my registration info.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

ok. so you need to own blazer first?

Originally posted by emorgana
    ok. so you need to own blazer first?
    If you want the free upgrade to nWeb, you have to have a registered version of Blazer 1.0 or 2.0.

Or......you can pay to get nWeb. Again, all of this is in the instructions to upgrade, or on the website from the links above.