+ Reply to Thread

Updating Software

I have MZ 1.0.36 and SZ 1.0.23 on my 7135. According to the local US Cellular repair facility they are unable to do any work on these phones and must send them in so asking them to do the upgrade isn't going to work, I don't think.

Anyone know where I could get the necessary installers/images to update mine to MZ 1.0.44 and whatever SZ would match?

the repair facility should be able to do that for you

When I took it in there last time, they said that they couldn't do anything to those phones at the repair facility, and they had to send them in for everything. So I'm guessing either that the repair facility doesn't have the correct software/firmware/cable combination or the people have never seen a 7135 and don't know how. Or perhaps both.

While not a definitive answer, I've seen Verizon phone software MZ 1.0.44 paired with PDA software version SZ 1.0.29.

Also, I have heard that Radio Shack is providing service for these phone for Kyocera. You might contact them. I have heard they are not very quick, and you will have to send off your phone.