+ Reply to Thread

Just purchased a 7135, need help!! US Cellular

Hello everybody. Ok, i have US Cellular service right now. I just bought a 7135 on ebay. My reason for buying this is to access the internet on the go and for the Palm feature all in one. Now I have an audiovox 8900. My 7135 should be here tomarrow. I am getting easyedge added to my account right now.

Now my question is, do I let the customer support people know that I am using a 7135? Is there anything else I need to know before I call US Cellular? Or do I need to take it into the US Cellular store?

Thank you, Thank you!

I have a 7135 with US Cellular with the unlimited EasyEdge for $9.95. I use the EudoraWeb browser for Inernet and Snapper for email. It works really good.

Internet on the 7135 is not supported by US Cellular so I wouldn't ask them for help. They might remove EasyEdge from the account and then you wouldn't have Internet. Search these messages, a while back there was a thread that explained how to get the Internet working with USCC.

When you get the phone you'll have to take it to a USCC store to get it activated on your account. They'll probably charge $15.00.

I'm curious - who did you buy the phone from on eBay (if you can post the auction number). I bought one a couple months ago from hollitrading29. When it arrived it was defective so I sent it back. I kept telling me he sent a replacement but it never arrived. Finally I got a refund. I've been looking for a cheap one on eBay to use as a backup. I'm going to cancel my Signal insurance - they raised the monthly rate to $5.95 and the deductable is now $50.00.

This is the one I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

So if easyedge is not supported, how do I get around this and have US Cellular keep it on my 7135?

I had USCC activate EasyEdge on my phone before I switced to the 7135. When I switched to the 7135 they left it activated. I have also heard that some of the agent stores will add EasyEdge to your account even for the non-EE phones.

Thanks for providing the link to the eBay auction. Onesourceit isn't one of the sellers I had a problem with.

Ebay 7135s

You probably want to be careful with those Ebay 7135s. I bought two of them...one to use and one to have as a spare in case phone #1 needed repair or whatnot. Anyway, one went SRCP within a month of activation. The other is well into the "searching/SRCP" routine. Tried to claim phone #1 on Signal, they said that they had paid out on that ESN already and would not cover it. Haven't tried the second one but I'd imagine that I'm going to get the same response.

I'm suspecting that the insurance companies are selling bad phones that they have returned to them to people who are reselling them on Ebay...I'd almost be surprised to find a good used 7135 for sale there at this point.

Finally I went to the US Cellular repair center to try and get the software upgrade. The response: "We don't have the cables or the files anymore. We'll have to send it to the manufacturer for the upgrade and since it's an out of warranty phone it will cost $200."

"For a SOFTWARE UPGRADE?"

"Yes."

"Go to hell."

So as of tonight, Sprint has a new customer and I'm going to sell all my 7135 accessories on Ebay.