+ Reply to Thread

Packet Data Dormant?

After using my two web browsers I found a message kept appearing on the screen, "Packet Data Dormant" with a picture of a phone.

I could make calls while the message kept appearing, but it worried me of course as I couldn't find anything on the documentation about it.

What is it? Do I need to be concerned?
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Dormant mode means that the data connection is established, but the radio in the 7135 is in a semi-sleeping state as to save battery power. This mode does use air time minutes unless you have an unlimited data plan.
    Michael

Silvr,

Thought so, and thanks for the clarification.

I was able to call when in this mode, but thought prob'ly I was racking up minutes.

So how do I disconnect it, do you know? I disconnected in the browser, but to no avail. Since the same thing didn't happen when I used only the EIS "Web" browser, just now, seems to me it prob'ly happened after using the Eudora browser, which I used the other day before using the EIS one. Maybe.
    Don Cook

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Start the Prefs PDA application and go to the Network section. There should be a "Disconnect" button in there. Otherwise, shut off the power on the phone side of the 7135 by holding down the red power button. Then turn it back on.
    Michael

OK, I'll give it a try. Thanks.
    Don Cook

I deleted the EIS and Eudora Browsers as soon as I got the phone, so I'm not familar with them, but any browser worth it's salt has a "disconnect upon exit" option in the setup or options menu. You might check for that.

Recommend WebPro or nWeb brpwsers.
    Ron Honey
    7135 Nut