+ Reply to Thread

Reliability - kyo 7135 v treo 650 ???

Although I really like the design of the 7135, it's been a hellishly unreliable piece of hardware (>10 replacements in 2 yrs), and if my experience is in any way common, I can understand Verizon dumping the product. Now I'm being forced into the 650 swap. I part with the 7135 reluctantly, with mixed feelings, and in hopes that the treo 650, which IMHO is a less useful design overall, is AT LEAST more reliable. Please, Please, Please, tell me at least more reliable; that might make it a worthwhile trade-off. Does anyone have any comparison experience?

did you ask this in the 650 forum? after all, I imagine anyone who switched over browses there more often than here.

You must swaddle your new 650 in 51 layers of protective foam, chamois cloth (interwoven with 30 K gold thread), and kevlar, and never never let it so much as think about making it through any of the adventures your 7135 could. It is very very very delicate!

Beth
    (On #3 Treo 650 since mid June) ahem......

Oh, great.
    Most of my 7135 HW problems weren't related to handling breakage, AFIK. The main 2 problems were frequent zero key failures and frequent SRCP (Service Required. Contact Provider) lobotomy messages. Plus, various episodes of hard resetting, etc., etc.
    And yes, I posted this in the 650 forum.

Lurkingforinfo,

you are absolutely correct!

the 7135 was like a true armored humvee. while the 650 is an armorless cheap jeep that would blow up on a simple bump if it was stationed in iraq!!!

and remember i'm referring to just the actual hardware/shell of the phone here, not the software. the software is actually far superior to the 7135's and doesnt crash nearly as much. have not had a pathetic automatic hard reset at all yet.

what are you protecting your 650 with? i just ordered some rubber/silicon protector from everythingtreo.com and screen protectors that are supposed to be good.

what else can i do for my 650?!
    Last edited by hirschnet; 10-10-2005 at 06:22 PM.