+ Reply to Thread

Question 7135 from Alltel to Verizon

Hmmm... thought I had posted this last week, but now I cannot find it so:

I have 10 Kyocera 7135s programmed for Alltel. I am changing service to Verizon and while I am replacing the 7135s with Treos, I would like to redistribute the 7135s to soume of our staff.

I have seen a number of posts regarding establishing Verizon service on the 7135s, but does anyone know a reputable company that will re-flash the phones from Alltel to Verizon?

On a different/same note, can you go from Verizon to Alltel on the 7135? Thanks!

Talking

are you looking fot some phones?

no

Yeah, it can be done, but you have to get it MSL unlocked and reset to 000000. Assuming the phone been activated on Alltel, and your account is in good standing, you can get it from them. You need a copy of the Kyocreia PST, and a serial data cable to reset the MSL, use BitPim, and load a Verizon PRL.

Hey, I have the same problem. However, I have no idea what PST, PRL, MSL, BitPim means. I just bought a phone on ebay and want to switch it from Verizon to Alltel. Alltel tried to update the firmware and the phone will not allow it to. I have no idea what to do next. I did a hard reset the day before they tried to update it and it still didn't work. Could Verizon somehow have the phone locked?

dcartisan... I was ultimately unsuccessful getting the phone switched over to Verizon from Alltel. The software talk aside, the ultimate problem for me is that Verizon would no longer allow the ESN (electronic serial number) of the phone to be activated on their network. They have apparently made a policy decision that they will allow no more activations of 7135s.

From Verizon to Alltel is a different matter since Alltel still sells the 7135. However, my experience with the local (Richmond, VA) Alltel folks was that they didn't have curret software and not alot of understanding. The previous posts are correct, with the will, a serial cable and some generally available software, you can reprogram the phone yourself, but it doesn't sound like you are familiar enough with the process to do it without some assistance. Still, you're in the right forum for that.

If, on the other hand, you or anyone else needs 1 to 10 Kyoceral 7135s with accessories for Alltel service, I've got 'em boxed and ready to ship...

bdalton, Thanks for the info. I may try to program the phone myself. I am very disappointed the phone doesn't work. I like it and think it has all the features I need to keep up with my busy schedule. If I can't get it to work, I'll just box it up and sell it on ebay. Are the phones you have already activated and updated with Alltel? How much are they (1)?

The 7135s are great. I don't understand why Kyocera didn't further develop them. The units I have are ready for Alltel service. They are in good condition and I have the original box and manual, software, docking station as well as an extra battery and stereo headset. ($50.00) I also have some extras... I think I have one external folding keyboard and a couple of usb cables that are good for traveling...

bdalton: Wait! you have 10 phones you may be parting with?! Are they all packaged with what you listed for $50?
    Can you give me an idea of time in service & minutes of use on the call timers?
    Oh, and Grafitti 1 or 2?

thaxman: I'll try to get the info together today... may have to wait until tomorrow though...

Knowledge is Sharing
    Yes, I've heard that policy statement. Would be better if you had confidence the phone had "stuff" on it to be VZW compatible. I just put another 7135 (as a replacement) on my phone during March 2006. That's a good 3 months after everyone said it couldn't be done. Just gave them the esn, and they put it on; no problem. (It did not work as self-service using the VZW site) Good luck, I love this phone. dr
    When the geeks need help, they go to the dr. When the dr needs help, he goes to pdaphonehome :-)
    out of the wireless business; but I do consulting and security as a CISSP; www.wiremore.biz shares my values and has a good business link as well.

if anybody wants a unlocked verizon phone i will be willing to trade. i actually have a verizon phone that i am using on alltel right now, the only problem is i dont live where there is verizon service so it says roaming all the time. i would love to trade for an alltel phone. the phone i have has never reset or had any problems, thats actually why i have stuck with it. or if anybody knows how to reprogram a verizon phone with the alltel program that would be awesome.