+ Reply to Thread

New Phone... SYNC issues

yea, i finally got my 7135!! activated just Saturday here in MO so they are still taking it here. I was able to hot sync it yesterday morning just fine, using the cradle... but later on that day it tells me: "you connection cannot be established" I don't think i changed anything, although i did try to use my portable USB cable to sync it, and now neither works. any ideas?

I had a similar problem. Restarted the computer and reset the phone then tried it again. Worked just fine.

ok...im a newbie. to reset the phone your press the button above the battery. I got that much. Does the phone have to be off? how long do you hold it, etc. etc. again... this is the first palm i've had... so i am learning here.

For a soft reset you just hit the button. For the hard reset... I don't know. But the soft reset for me worked.

ok...i tried it, still no dice! i dunno... i for local connection do i need to select cradle or do a custom with usb connection. I am using the cradle (which i believe is what it was set at when it worked) but it plugs into the usb, not the serial port. when i push the button now... it seems like the phone is trying, but the computer doesn;t do jack. help!

now its working! who knows. oh well, I won't ask questions...i'll just use it.

There is some issue that developes with some systems that prevents one from initiating a hotsync from the button on the cradle. but you can always do it from the HotSync app on the PDA.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.