+ Reply to Thread

Reset web preferences

I rarely use any web features of my phone, but last time I did, about a month ago everything was fine. I use Webpro 1.1, which meets my (minimal) needs. Have also used the Eudora mail to pull in email - again, rarely.

Last night, after coming in from gardening and realizing that I'd hacked our buried cable (so, no internet, no TV!) I tried to get online thru my 7135. Couldn't connect to the web at all. Tried multiple applications, including the standard web browser, and tried multiple network settings. I get the "initializing", then "signing on" messages, but the call is never initiated (I can tell that from the lights and indicator on outside LED display.... then get a PPP timeout.

I finally did a hard reset and everything works fine. However, when I did a restore from my SD card, using VFSbackup, I'm back to the non-web-connectable state. Everything else works fine. I can make voice calls, send SMS, use any non-web based palm apps.

I think I need to do another reset, then do some selective restores. My free backup utility won't allow selective restores, but I'm sure I can just move the problematic files from the backup directory. Problem is, I don't know which files are corrupting my ability to connect with the web. Any suggestions for where to start?

If someone can suggest an alternative - (ie, restore my entire backup, but then reinstall some (which?) program), I'm open!

thanks in advance for your help!
    Sel

Is it possible that your connection settings got changed and your backup stored the incorrect settings? Then the hard reset changed the settings back to the functioning default? I would try another hard reset, noting all different conncetion settings in all the various places they hide then restore, and change any differences back to the default.

I'm having the same problem with nWeb, which is from the same company as WebPro. Haven't been able to connect since Friday. I think the problem is with their server.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"