+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PhotoSuite?

PhotoSuite?

Where do I download the PhotoSuite Mobile Organizer software? I don't see it on the K site.

Thanks.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

Re: PhotoSuite?

Originally posted by DCookinLB
    Where do I download the PhotoSuite Mobile Organizer software? I don't see it on the K site.

Thanks.
    I think this is all you need. Let me know if there is anything missing when you install it.

ilvzelda64
    Last edited by ilvzelda64; 11-14-2005 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks for the file.

Maybe I misunderstand. There is s/w on my 7135 which is PhotoSuite. But the directions for using it call for installing some s/w on my computer for "managing" the photos.

It is this computer s/w I am missing, not a .prc for the palm itself.

Or is it commercial s/w that I need to buy?

If so, are there other graphics programs that will work? I have one or two.
    Don Cook

Sorry about giving you the wrong thing. I know that I've loaded pictures on my 7135 without the PC software. (I couldn't find the PC version of it either) I think I had found a online image convertor, I'll keep looking and get back to you.

The software you require is on the CD that came with the phone... I hope you got one with the your phone. I don't think it is available for download anymore.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I no longer use the PC Desktop software provided with the 7135. I use Desktop Version 4.1.4 provided with my Zire 31 (which my wife is currently using) so that I can HotSync both the 7135 and the Zire 31 from the same desktop. Isn't it possible to install photos using the Quick Install feature of the newer desktop, thereby eliminating the need for the special PhotoSuite installer provided with the 7135? I haven't needed to install any photos since I stopped using the 7135 desktop, so I don't know if this works.
    Last edited by tedcmiller; 11-14-2005 at 07:28 AM.

I loaded a new photo on the 7135 last night as a test. I used the built-in Quick Install that is a part of the Desktop and it worked fine. No special software off of the 7135 CD was used or needed.

Doing it as an install? Would never have thought of THAT.

The more I use my (belatedly acquired) '35, the more I regret its going the way of the woolly mammoth. It has more helpful little quirks. Really wish they were still around.

Thanks, everyone. Looks like I'll be able to carry around family pix. Good.
    Don Cook

Hm.

Somebody said something about a proprietary format for the phone? And it needs PhotoSuite to convert to it?

Another little oddment. What, btw, is the extension for these photo files?

Thanx
    Don Cook

OK, I think.

I just tried to d/l 2 photos to my handheld and the number of files on my external chip increased by 2, approx. 2.6 mb.

But in PhotoSuite on the handheld, nothing shows up. Tapping on the little icon resembling the chip does nothing.

Anybody know what I've done wrong? The files were .jpg's.

Thanks.
    Don Cook

Actually, you don't want to use PhotoSuite. Other aftermarket programs such as AcidImage or SplashPhoto are better. PhotoSuite requires the image files to be in .PDB format (it won't recognize .JPG format). It also has the annoying characteristic of not displaying the entire photo (e.g., when displaying an image of a 4x6 photo, PhotoSuite fills the screen vertically and crops the left and right sides of the image). PhotoView - also on the 7135 CD - does not have either of these problems, but it seems to be unreliable and will not display the the .PDB images required by PhotoSuite. It frequently fails to display the complete image and causes hangs. I quit using it because of these problems.

I use AcidImage to view images stored on the SD card that were transferred to the 7135 using the Desktop Quick Install. AcidImage will display images in many formats including the .PDB files created by PhotoSuite. And, it does not really matter how the files get to the 7135. Apparently you can take an SD card out of digital camera, put it in the 7135, and see the images on that card.

tedc,

I got SplashPhoto, on trial, and am looking it over, thanks.

BTW, is there a way to delete individual photos? I can only find Delete All, and the doc seems to say the same thing.

Don.
    Don Cook

There are many ways to delete individual photos. I don't know about SplashPhoto (because I tried it out briefly, and chose AcidImage), but AcidImage allows deletion of any one or any group of photos from the thumbnail display, file list, or while viewing an individual image. I would assume SplashPhoto offers similar functions. The deletion function is available in AcidImage on the Dropdown menu accessed by tapping the menu icon on the Grafitti writing area. Or, you can use the FileManager utility provided on the 7135 to locate the individual photo files and delete them without involving the image viewer application.