+ Reply to Thread

Need a File from Original CD

Apparently, the only way to get the PC end of the PhotoSuite package is to get it from the CD that came with the 7135.

I bought mine on eBay and there was no CD with it.

I would much appreciate it if someone would upload the PhotoSuite program.

Thank you.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Posting it here would likely violate copyrights.
    Michael

Originally posted by SilvrDrgn
    Posting it here would likely violate copyrights.
    Silvrdragon,

Whoa! This isn't freeware supplied with the phone when it's sold?

What is it, then, anyway? The doc refers to installing it from the CD. Does K sell it? If not, who does? I couldn't find it as a download on the site, so likely you're right, but it surprises me.
    Don Cook

I doubt it would be freeware, but buying the phone new would grant you the license. Question is, would it be outside the scope of the intended copyright to make a copy to replace the missing software you should have been given....

You can buy the CD from Kyocera.. or you used to, but I don't see it on their web site anymore so you'll probably have to give them a call.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Maybe that's what I'll have to do (buy the CD, or provisionally look for it on eBay). Certainly not, though, unless I decide it's worth the added expense and trouble.

Thanks, all, for the suggestions and clarifications.
    Don Cook

Don
    Personally, I don't think its worth it unless you want to evaluate it for yourself. The photo suite app allows to manage pics and transfer to the phone. It will convert image and video formats to its proprietary format so that it can be viewed with the bundled photo app on the phone. I played with it and found other images viewers to be superior, and without the need to convert them from JPGs or whatever. I use AcidImage mostly, splashphoto is also popular. As to viewing videos I've had better luck with Kinoma for example. In both cases I wouldn't use it to sync the files to my phone's PDA ram.... I've got enough stuff in there as it is.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.