+ Reply to Thread

Memory Mgr error=soft reset?

Several days ago I noticed I was getting the following error message when BackupBuddy VFS was running:

MemoryMgr.c, Line:4415, invalid handle

I now get that same error message when launching eReader. I was using 3.06 of BackupBuddy, and upgraded to 3.25, which now causes a blank screen, requiring a soft reset-but I'm working with Blue Nomad on that. What does this error message mean? I have a meg of free ram, which is normal for me, I'm not running anyh hacks.
    TIA

Hard Reset

OK, I would up doing a hard reset, and re-installing BackupBuddy, and it seems to run fine now. I had 1 MB free before, now I have 2.8 MB ?!? Why would I suddenly have more free space? I did a Hot Sync, did the hard reset, then sync'd again, I seem to be missing one of my games-I can't figure out which one, but everything else seems there-what's missing??

Semi-Converged
    It would be wrong of me to point out that if you can't figure out which one is missing, then it isn't really missing, is it?

This problem sound like it might be related in some way to the problem I have with OpenChess. I described that problem in an earlier thread. In both cases, the error is indicated to be associated with memory and seems to involve multiple programs. I have seen no responses either on this fourm or from SourceForge concerning this issue.

"It would be wrong of me to point out that if you can't figure out which one is missing, then it isn't really missing, is it?"

LOL!, I guess so, but I was curious. I did notice one of my games wasn't sync'd, but even with that re-installed, I'm at 1.4 MB, just wondering if anyone else had a similar thing happen.

This problem sound like it might be related in some way to the problem I have with OpenChess. I described that problem in an earlier thread. In both cases, the error is indicated to be associated with memory and seems to involve multiple programs. I have seen no responses either on this fourm or from SourceForge concerning this issue.

I found another forum that referenced the error, and basicly said it was caused by 2 programs trying to use the same memory, kinda like a Windows BSOD. I'm not sure why a hard reset fixed it, but it seems to have.