+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ebayer fixing 7135s?

New to this forum here but definately not a stranger to the site. I've owned my 7135 now for about a year purchased from E-Bay and recently it went SRCP. Luckily I my contract with US Cellular was up and allowed me to sign another 2 yr contract and get a new phone to at least keep me up and running. I've been searching EBay lately looking for a replacement 7135 and noticed someone is selling fixes for 7135s for $20 plus shipping. Anyone know if there is a fix/es for SRCP phones or not??
    Here is the EBay ad I'm refering too.http://cgi.ebay.com/I-will-repair-yo...QQcmdZViewItem
    I read the sellers feedback and looked at what he has sold before and everything seems pretty legit. The seller has sold several 7135s in the past. I figured for $20 +shipping is well worth it if I can bring my original 7135 back to life.

Thanks,
    Joe

I sent my phone out to this guy. His responce to the SRCP phones was this "It is quite common. It seems to be a BGA failure. It is fixable 1 time but the cost is out of range for these now." I will let everyone know how the phone works when I get it. For $25 + shipping its worth a shot.

Got the phone back last night from being fixed and it works great!! Back up and running with the 7135 again!!!

Whats with US Cellular charging for switching phones now? $15 for going from my Nokia to the 7135.

Did he really only charge you $25 to fix the SRCP????

If he can do it, why can't the major carriers? Please keep us posted as if this works those of us diehards may have an option if the phone goes belly up!
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

I sent my phone in to the same fixer guy... It wasn't SRCPing, but it started to reset randomly and then the phone wouldn't even turn on. Apparently all he does is switch out the phone board or PDA board, so that would explain how he can 'fix' SRCP. I'll post again once I get the phone back.

Apparently all he does is switch out the phone board or PDA board,

My understanding, if he does that we get a new address and VZW gets a chance to send us a Treo 650 instead of our '35.

No?
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

if he replaces the CDMA board, you will have a new esn, which Verizon won't activate because of random maliciousness, so if it goes SRCP, maybe he replaces the connectors or does some thing beyond my non-ECE comprehension.

OK
    This is just what happened to my dealings with the guy whom fixed my phone.
    I sent him a total of $24 for the fix and shipping together. It was no longer then 4 or 5 days and I recieved my phone back. I turned on the phone which was no longer SRCP. I then went to US Cellular and asked them to activate the phone which the store technician at first was having a bit of trouble, (which I think was due to her umfamiliar dealings with the 7135) but ultimately activated the phone and have been using it for about 2 weeks now. No complaints what so ever!!!! Great EBayer to deal with and restored my favorite phone.

Any moderators around? I wonder if this should be a sticky... It this guy on eBay sticks around, he could singlehandedly keep our 7135's going! I'm really surprised that he hasn't posted his abilities here...

Yeah, isn't this sort of like an anthropological find?

Like finding Ishii?
    Don Cook

I bought a 7135 last week and it had that "Service Required. Contact Provider Message" (which is what I assume SRCP stands for) and I tried all the stuff on this board to fix it (cleaning antenna, putting a peice of cardboard under the battery, changing around some prefs phone settings, hard resets, soft resets, etc.) but none of them worked, so I just said what the hell and opened up the phone, took it completly apart, put it back together, and now the phone worls like a charm. now all I gotta do is get it activated. I say try this before you pay $25, it might not work for every phone, but its worth a shot. All you need is a Torx 7 screwdriver.

I think the correct size for the Torx screwdriver needed for the 7135 screws is size 6. I initially tried out some cheap Torx bits and thought that the size 6 bit was too small, but after going to Sears where you can purchase individual Torx drivers that are good quality, I emperically determined that size 6 is not too small and a size 7 will, if fact, not fit the screw properly. A cheap improperly sized no. 7 might fit, but a good one won't.

The industry standard for assembling phones appears to be a T6, thanks to Nokia, who has been using the T6 for at least 8 years. Everyone in Asia followed suit.

Thumbs up

Got my phone back from the ebay fixer (hscarp) and it works great! He replaced both phone and PDA boards, as well as the LCD screen. He answered my questions over e-mail very quickly, and he fixed the phone and had it in the mail within 4 days of receiving it. I had no problem activating the new ESN through the verizon website, but thats probably because I am a current 7135 user. I would highly recommend going this route if your 7135 is damaged, rather than trying to acquire a new phone. He also gave me a discount on multiple repairs, and even included an extra back plate, including stylus & anntenna. There was only 1 problem - one file somehow landed in the flash ROM that caused the external speakers not to work, but that was fixable with Jack Flash & Jack Sprat: see this thread Remove file from ROM for details on that.

Phone fixer guy hscarp

Had a hinge that broke and sent it off to hscarp. One day turn around once he got it and it came back looking like new. He even replaced the silver bezel around the display!

I still think that this should be a sticky.....

I agree..

I just sent mine to him to repair the corrupt NVRAM. Since Alltel isn't gonna replace it with the exact same one, not to mention the $50 deductable, I think this guy is a much better alternative.

He doesn't seem to be fixing them anymore... I wonder why?

Are you sure? I still see his ad at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/I-will-repair-yo...QQcmdZViewItem
    Don Cook

Originally posted by TJSunDevil
    He doesn't seem to be fixing them anymore... I wonder why?
    On what do you base this statement?