+ Reply to Thread

The 7135 took a 5 foot fall

Two days ago my 7135 fell out of my pocket and fell about 4 to 5 feet onto a solid floor. i picked it up and opened it to a blank screen with a blue streak going verically up just left of center of the screen. I took the battery out for about an hour and put it back in, same thing but with more blue on the left. On the external LCD it read "Powering On". i let it set for 15 min and still the same thing. Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Now listen to my idea, if i just buy a cheap verizon 7135 off ebay, can i just take the circuit board from right under my battery and put it in the new phone and keep the same ESN, so i would be bypassing any hassles with the cell company whether it be getting them to activate the phone or change of equipment charges?

I'm no tech expert but as you've gotten no responses in 12 hours I'll put in my 2 cents worth...

If the phone side worked now I think you could get away with it. As your phone side doesn't seem to be working, it would be a gamble. I've heard of folks doing this with a broken screen with good results.

Search the threads as there was a post recently of a guy on E-bay fixing phones, I'm unsure what the outcome was though...

Hopefully one of the tech gurus will post back for you. Good luck.
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

I concur with Osteo... it should work if the phone board in your existing phone is still operational... Good Luck
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Broken LCD displays in cell phones are common. A friend of mine with a relatively new Treo 600 showed me his screen that started with a small yellow dot and now has a large yellow blob about the size of a dime. It took about two weeks to progress this far. He says the phone has not been dropped or abused in any other manner. Dropping a cell phone, particularly those with large displays like the 7135 and the Treos, is really asking for trouble. I am so paranoid about this I don't even let my 7135 snap shut. I close it slowly and gently. A coworker visiting from another site wanted to see how heavy the 7135 was, and I stupidly handed it to her without closing it. She promptly snapped it shut, and it was all I could do to not strangle her on the spot. The moral of the story is don't drop your 7135 and don't let other people use or even hold it .

i will be using more caution in the future if my swap works, that is for sure