+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Another One Bites The Dust!

After two years of almost worry free use (even with a bazillion apps and hacks), I got the dreaded SRCP this morning. Verizon did not hesitate and replaced it with a brand new Treo 650 and I even got them to activate a friend's old 7135 until I get the Treo. I'm really saddened by this turn of events, as I had held out with the 7135 in spite of all the bells and whistles offered elsewhere. It's a really sad day.

I guess I'll be seeing you over at the Treo forum from now on.

Rick
    Rick

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

Seeya rick... we shall morn for thee..and thy fair 7135
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Originally posted by MGuzzy
    Seeya rick... we shall morn for thee..and thy fair 7135
    mg
    I'm surely going to miss her MGuzzy, but I guess all good things must come to an end. Perhaps one day we'll meet again on the Kyocera 8135 forum or some other next generation clamshell forum.

Rick
    Rick

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

where did you get your phone that they replaced it so easily... did you have insurance? mine is an ebay phone... works great... but i am curious what they are gonna do when they pull all the 7135s off.

Originally posted by Kremlon
    where did you get your phone that they replaced it so easily... did you have insurance? mine is an ebay phone... works great... but i am curious what they are gonna do when they pull all the 7135s off.
    I got my phone through Verizon. I do have insurance on it, but that is not what covered the new one - just the fact that I had the SRCP error was enough to have them replace it. And, it would have been 2 years old on 11/30!

Rick
    Rick