+ Reply to Thread

good vendor for 7135 batteries?

I am having a tough time finding a reputable place to get 7135 batteries. I have yet to find a major merchant (amazon et al) selling 7135 batts directly -- all I can find are small operations on ebay and shopping.yahoo and the like. And these places tend to sell hundreds of battery models, so it isn't like they have any direct knowledge or care particularly about the 7135... another factor that makes me concerned about ordering from one of these joints is that almost all batteries I have seen are 3.6V while OEM is 3.7V. I suppose I could pay $70 at kyocera-wireless for genuine batteries but I'd like to buy 2-3 batteries and the thought of paying that much is really painful. A battery should not cost as much an SD gig...

So I tried buying batteries from a well-rated yahoo merchant -- product came labeled "Qualcomm 7135" and the physical positions of the little notches in the battery were incorrect -- thus the battery wouldn't even fit in the phone -- had to return, it was a big waste of time and shipping $.

So anyway if anyone has had *recent* success getting good 7135 batteries could you please post your recommendations. Thanks.

did you ever find a place to buy a new battery? i need one too.

did you try Dan's cell phone accessories?

http://stores.ebay.com/Dans-Cellular-Accessories

Take a look there. He's got a good reputation on the forums as far as I know.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Dan's eBay store has been closed. I looked for his listings already because he was so highly recommended on this site. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I would not use anything but a geniune Kyocera battery. As indicated in this thread and many others, the use of non-Kyocera parts (batteries, chargers, etc.) has been a very mixed bag. I have bought numerous Kyocera accessories from Original Wireless with excellent results, including a battery. The Kyocera part number for their battery is TXBAT10002. I would stick with that.

Another thing to beware of when purchasing cell phone batteries is bogus claims. Some sellers claim higher capacity for their after market battery than the standard battery (e.g., CellUp) when the battery is, in fact, exactly the same capacity as the standard (1200 mAh in this case).

To add to tedcmiller's statement, there are 2 ways to add capacity to a battery - make it bigger (not available in the 7135 because of the battery door) or to use a more efficient technology. Ni-Cd is bottom wrung, followed by Ni-Mh, which adds capacity w/o add'l size. Then there is Li-Ion, which is what 7135s have, which adds capacity w/o adding size. The only battery I have seen which can add capacity over Li-Ion w/o making the battery bigger is a Li-Polymer. Its like some gel or hard foam inside instead of regular cells.. Its AMAZING! But I have only seen 1 on a Nokia phone about 3-4 years ago. I imagine rediculously high price prevents mass manufacture at this point, but boy, do I wait imatiently for the day.....

Oh, and hepy,
    There is a MALL in this forum to advertise your items, instead of offering "testimonials" about your own store in the threads.