+ Reply to Thread

DEprogramming a 7135?

Bought a spare on ebay just for the pda side. (mine quit working with the stowaway keyboard)

Problem is, I got it and it's still setup for his verizon service, and seems to work perfectly. I don't want to run up his bill if the phone turns on for whatever reason, how can I "break" the phone side so it doesn't work anymore?

I've done many searches for "programming" but come up with nothing. Response is MUCH appreciated.

It may still be set up for Verizon service but I doubt its activated on his account. I would be amazed that someone would sell a activated usable cell phone on ebay! So i don't think you have anything to worry about. In any case to enter the programing mode, while in phone mode, enter six 1's and scroll down to options. there you can reprogram the phone stuff.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Have you got the phone switched over & working on your Alltel acct yet? If you have troubles, I have added detailed instructions to quite a number of threads. As long as you don't live in an area where Alltel & Verizon compete head to head like Phx or Tampa, all should be pretty easy. Just search for Alltel threads.

Hey Thaxman
    The Alltel access settings and instuctions you've described would be an excellent subject for a dedicated thread in the FAQs. I think that would make it easier for other people to find and for us to reference it.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.