+ Reply to Thread

Looking for Alltel Firmware

I'm in the process of changing the firmware on a Kyocera 7135 that I purchased on eBay. It currently has Verizon software on it and I'd like to trash it and go with Alltel software.

So far, Cellular One here (soon to be Alltel) hasn't been helpful at all. They don't have the files NOR the flash gear to completely reprogram it. The only place that MIGHT have it is Verizon (hell with that).

I'm wondering if someone has these recent files, or if they could do a complete dump of their entire phone into a file or a set of files. I would be extremely greatful.

My e-mail is simba7@gmail.com

I have a 3 mo old 7135 replacement from Alltel.
    Phone software: MZ1.0.27
    PDA sooftware: SZ 1.0.13

I don't think that the firmware is all that important overall though for operation of the phone across networks - the PRL is the most important issue. Since Verizon has recently dumped access to all Cell1 towers in MT, are you getting the phone to pick up a signal at all so the PRL can be corrected??

I have the PRL updates already, I just need the other software.. Verizon's software isn't working correctly with Alltel.. I'd like to use the other features of the phone, too.

Honestly, I just hate having anything Verizon on my phone. They've been on my sh*tlist for quite sometime now.

So.. I'm on the hunt for the most recent update if possible.
    Last edited by Simba7; 11-28-2005 at 08:32 PM.