+ Reply to Thread

LCD Display and reset problem

Hi Folks:

My 7135 is still perking along, but is displaying a weird problem. If the phone is tapped on the side, the display goes blank, and requires a soft reset. Also, the external LCD display still works, but is VERY dim. It comes back to normal brightness sometimes, but then reverts to its dim state (like a loose connector or something).

Are these familiar problems to anyone? After searching this forum, I feel lucky for having this problem and not the SRCP one.... I still love this phone! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

It's dead Jim. <g>

It's not dead, of course, but I couldn't help but write that.

Seriously, if you have any electronic device which alters it's behavior and/or requires a restart after a minor physical shock it's a pretty clear indication that there's something loose, eh? You can open it yourself and look around, or you could send it to be repaired. Since this doesn't seem to involve the phone board, your ESN isn't in danger and this should have no effect on your carrier.

Gulp.....

Open it up, eh? Sounds dangerous. Is there a guide to opening up 7135 on here anywhere?

'course Kirk wouldn't be fazed in the slightest!

Jim

Kirk would make scotty or spock do it... short of that all you need is a #6 Torx screw driver and some common sense... there is a thread somewhere with pics of a 7135 dissassembly...
    good luck
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.