+ Reply to Thread

Thread: photosuite

photosuite

found this! for those asking about photosuite!

http://www.vadino.com/Free+Download+...Mobile+Edition

That was an interesting link but I didn't see anything there that indicated any of the numerous problems associated with the version provided on the 7135 have been addressed. Using AcidImage or SplashPhoto are probably still better choices.

I think people that get the phone with no CD see the photosuite apps on the phone and think there is something to try.... Yes don't bother, use AcidImage or SplashPhoto. None theless interesting that some found a link for it since not even available on MGI's website (last I checked)
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I have 6-7 images stored on the hard drive using the MGI product. Since I am a cheap-o, I have not ventured into the other stuff since I assume they are not freeware. But with the 160X160 res, do the others actually have an improved VISUAL difference??

Image display software for the 7135 other than PhotoSuite does not improve the image. The 160x160 resolution of the 7135 is not as good as some other devices like the Treo 650 at 320x320, and no software is going to make it better. AcidImage, et. al. simply provide better functionality. For example, I think I recall that PhotoSuite took time to recreate the thumbnail view each time you started the program which requires a lot of time if you have more than a few images. AcidImage keeps an up-to-date thumbnail view ready to go as soon as you start the program.

OK, that makes sense. Since I don't carry a walletful of images in my phone due to the resolution factor, I guess another program isn't really a big deal for me.

I do carry an SD card full of pics of the kids... its easier that carrying an actual wallet full of pics...
    Since AcidImage displays the pics in thier native Image format I also use it for file management of the pics from my digital camera, since my camera also takes SD cards. It's easier than poking around in the files using the camera's interface where I'm always one button push away from deleting them by accident. Also if you particularly frugal you can uninstall/reinstall the evaluation version of Acidmiage to give you another trial period... but you didn't hear it from me.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.