+ Reply to Thread

Thread: zlaunch error

zlaunch error

Everytime I try to open ZLauncher I get an error. It says 'Load ZLauncherDB error (DM 0216)'

I've tried reinstalling it with no luck. Any ideas on what to do?

Sounds like one of the Databases associated with Zlauncher has gotten corrupt. I would try uninstalling Zlauncher and then use the file manager (or FileZ) to manually remove any residual zlauncher files. then reload. See if that hekps.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Alright, exactly how would I do that?

anyone?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    In ZLauncher, go to its settings configuration screen and tap the "General" tab. Deactivate the "Default Launcher" checkbox and tap OK to accept the change. Then tap or hit the menu button on your handheld, and select "Exit" in ZLauncher's App menu to get out of the ZLauncher program. At that point you should be back at the standard PalmOS launcher interface. Tap the menu and select the "Delete..." function in the App menu. Scroll to the bottom and delete all the applications related to ZLauncher. They could include:
    ZL Manager
    ZLauncher
    ZLib
    ZReader Lite
    ... and there could be more.

After that, download FileZ from here -> http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=1&prodID=9992.
    Run it and open the database list for the internal RAM of the device. Scroll into the Z's, look for any ZLauncher related files and delete them if any exist.

Finally, reinstall ZLauncher from scratch via hotsync. Make sure that you also install a theme database.
    Michael

Alright, I installed FileZ. I'm running the program but can't figure out how to get to the database to delete the files. Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to this....

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Tap on the database you want to delete so there's a checkmark to the left of it. Then tap the menu in Filez, followed by the Delete choice in the first menu.
    Michael

I'm still not getting it. When I open FileZ, get the choices 'view and edit files', 'information', and 'view preferences'. Where do I go from there?

Originally posted by ilhorns3
    I'm still not getting it. When I open FileZ, get the choices 'view and edit files', 'information', and 'view preferences'. Where do I go from there?
    Click the View and edit files option. Next you will see the Internal option with an arrow so to speak next to it. Click on the arrow, wait a bit, and the tree will open up. Next, simply click the file you want to delete. A checkmark will show up to the left of it. Then do as SilvrDrgn said and click the FileZ menu at the top, and click delete under the item menu. Hope this helps!

K.R.
    K.R.

Hmm...I thought I did that but I tried it again and it worked. Thanks a ton!