+ Reply to Thread

Anyway to install the .pdb ringtones other than hotsync?

I am running XP x64, and hotsyncing seems not to work with this OS, however I made a ringtone and I want ot install it on the Phone. Are there anyways to do this other than using hotsync? Can I drag the tone to the memory card then copy it to the phone?

Thanks in advance!

Since backing up is one of the main benefits of having the phone, perhaps it is better to troubleshoot the hotsync process. I know some people w/Mac OS have had Kyocera software problems, but I thought everything Windows was compatible. What does it do when you try to synch - & be detailed...from the beginning. More than likely someone here will be familiar & can help.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar

Re: Anyway to install the .pdb ringtones other than hotsync?

Originally posted by naldo
    I am running XP x64, and hotsyncing seems not to work with this OS, however I made a ringtone and I want ot install it on the Phone. Are there anyways to do this other than using hotsync? Can I drag the tone to the memory card then copy it to the phone?

Thanks in advance!
    You should be able to use the drag to memory card and copy method. After you do the copy from the card to the 7135, you'll probably have to do a soft reset to get it to recognize the file.
    Michael

When I try to drag and drop it says that the file is not a valid palm database.

Are these files ones you have converted yourself or are they made by others from this site?

conveted myself with the kyocera app

Try downloading some from the "OLD" download area link at the top of this page. Some/most of the zipped files will be avail as both mp3 & converted files, just save a folder, open the converted file & it should automatically set itself into queue for the next hotsync, or you can transfer it to your card. Making them yourself seems to be a special talent some people in the forum can do in 15 seconds or less, but it can be really challenging at first.

Sorry, forgot to include that installing and existing proven tone verifies whether it is the technique of making one, or the phone/OS/hotsync that is the problem. Once you figure out which is the problem, you know what to fix.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by naldo
    conveted myself with the kyocera app
    How long are the filenames?? Reduce the name of each one to 8 characters for the main name followed by the . and 3 character extension. Then try again.
    Michael

Yes you can install ringtones and other files via an SD card. I do it all the time. If your ringtones are not copying make sure they are being created properly. One of the most common errors in creating ringtones for the 7135 is not making sure the filenames are 8 characters or less BEFORE you run them through the ringtone maker, as SilvrDrgn sez.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.