+ Reply to Thread

Possible corrupt NVRAM

I updated my phone with the most recent firmware, but after I updated the phone side, it gives me an SRCP.. I'm suspecting the NVRAM went corrupt. The PDA side updated with no problems.

Is there a way to copy the NVRAM file back to the phone side? I have the old QCN file, but don't know how to copy it back.

I'm looking into that one guy from eBay, but if it's possible to fix it myself I'd be glad to without paying $20+.

Hmm.. Looks like no one knows..

There is a very specific set of steps to follow when updating the firmware. If any of the steps are skipped or are done out of sequence, the phone side or the palm side or both will be corrupted. Typically, when this happens, the 7135 is trashed and a replacement is required.

This happened to my phone when the Alltel store mgr skipped several steps when updating my 7135. They gave me a new 7135 immediately.

When this was being done, they (Alltel) accidentally gave me the official Kyocera instructions to firmware updating. Easy replacement is the key advantage of provider firmware updating over "do-it-yourself" firmware updating. Sorry for the bad news.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"