+ Reply to Thread

Thread: phone dying?

Unhappy phone dying?

Yesterday my phone would not allow me to make calls, and I had to do a hard reset. Since, then I cannot Hotsync. On the phone the Hotsync screen only says "Welcome" and shows the sync icon in the middle of the screen. Sometimes it says "Set date" instead. When I try to to Hotsync I get the error message saying that the port is already in use. I have not done anything new that I hadn't done before when syncing. I have had this phone for over a year. The only thing that is different is that I put in a wireless network in my house. I don't know if that would cause any problems or not.

I have a spare battery and tried putting that in to see if it would help. The spare battery let me sync as usual. However, the spare must not be good because it will only power the phone when plugged in. When I put my other battery back in the info I had just synced using the other battery was gone.

Could this possibly be happening because I need a new battery? I love my 7135 and am not ready to give up on it.

Your post seems to imply that everything works properly while the phone is in the charging cradle, but exhibits numerous problems when running on battery power. You do not say how much "over a year" you have had the phone or whether you got it new or used. Your batteries could be much older than the phone. Without more specific information it is difficult to diagnose this problem, but if it works properly in the cradle, I would say that you need a new battery.

I bought my phone used from a user on this board in September of 2004. The user said the phone was about 2 months old at that time.

I have one battery that will work to power the phone when not on the cradle and that is the one that I use when problems have occured. This is the one that will not allow me to Hotsync. The spare battery I have only works when on the cradle. Thus, maybe I have two bad batteries.

Could an old battery cause the issues I'm having especially with syncing?
    Last edited by salt96; 12-16-2005 at 09:38 AM.

Are you trying to initiate the hotsync with the button? There is a known bug that creeps up from time to time. Can you initiate a hotsync from the phone by tapping on the hotsync Icon in the hotsync app.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I saw the posts about the Hotsync button not working and tried to initiate the Hotsync using the phone. That way did not work either.
    Last edited by salt96; 12-20-2005 at 10:01 PM.