+ Reply to Thread

Question I found the answer via a 2nd search ~ ignore

Hi All,
    Thanks so much for the forum and all the helpful info. I have been lurking a long while and it has been invaluable as hubby and I prepared to buy 7135's.
    I have a problem with the phone retrieving messages, it is set up to dial *86 to get to the message center, however we have always dialed our numbers to retrieve messages, and cannot access them using the message key (1) on the 7135. I tried to reset the number in onetouch dialing options but it would not allow me to reset it from there. Is there anyway to reprogram the 1 key to dial my cell number instead of *86?
    Last edited by smokymtngrl; 12-18-2005 at 01:38 PM.

Yes, you can change the number from the Message app. Start the Message and select "voice mail" from the settings pull down menu. You can enter anyphone number you want there. For example I have mine setup to automatically input my password.
    mg
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 12-18-2005 at 03:12 PM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Thanks MGuzzy! I did find a thread about it on the second search I tried...I think I got bit by the bad spelling bee on the first one Shoulda thought of that before I posted since it happens pretty frequently

Thanks for the reply though...I did get hubby's phone set so password is dialed automatically as well!