+ Reply to Thread

Question Infrared hotsyncing

I looked up all the hotsyncing by infrared but it still wont work! my phone died hard with a venegeance last night cause i forgot to plug it in and i dont have my cradle... so i tried hotsyncing with infrared, using windows xp and its not working. my settings are on local serial and infrared... i dont know what else is wrong, please help!

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I would normally say don't bother with infrared hotsyncing because it is EXTREMELY slow with the 7135. However......

Is the Infrared port active on your Windows computer (not disabled)? Have you selected Infrared in the HotSync program on the 7135?

After you get it working, you should invest in a good SD card backup program (like BackupBuddyVFS) and an SD card.
    Michael

i have it the infrared port on the computer activated and the hotsync set to ir to a pc/handheld... any other ideas?

Originally posted by cleergell
    i have it the infrared port on the computer activated and the hotsync set to ir to a pc/handheld... any other ideas?
    You need to right-click on the HotSync icon in the tray (next to the clock) and enable Local Serial. Then you need to right-click, and click on Setup..., go to the Local tab, and after Serial Port pick the virtual port used by your infrared device. If you don't know what that is double click on your infrared monitor (also in the system tray next to the clock), go to the Options tab, and it should say "Providing application support on COM4 and LPT3" or something similar. The actual port numbers may vary depending on your system resource allocation, but whatever COM port it says it's using is what you need to tell the HotSync Setup dialog. Hope this helps...

PS: I've used HotSync via IR in a pinch when I don't have a cable handy and it works fine as long as you don't try and transfer massive amounts of data. It's plenty fast to sync your address book and call history and a few small things like that.