+ Reply to Thread

another internet question

Ok. So I'm trying to get this thing on the net. I'm with US Cellular and haven't been able to get Easy Edge activated on my account. Do I have any other options? I have Frontier DSL Internet and they offer access numbers for when you are out of town. Dial Up, but hey, it works. Can I use this? I tried to connect with the setting of Wireless Modem and Standard Modem, and both time out and error with Modem not found. Are there settings I'm missing?

I've searched and read through probably 20+ threads, but those related to USCC have conflicting stories. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

PS...anyone work in the customer service dept? lol.
    K.R.

Dialing in to your ISP won't work. That would require a technology (cell phone to land line ISP) that USCC does not support.

I got unlimited EE with pay as you go picture messaging. I had an LG VX6000. I activated the EE w/picture messaging. A few weeks later I swicthed to the 7135. USCC kept the EE on.

Originally posted by jrusch
    A few weeks later I swicthed to the 7135. USCC kept the EE on.
    Yeah. I tried that as I had a VX4400 but the rep at the store that activated my 7135 took it off. There was another rep there and about 4 other customers, so I didn't bother to bring it up.

Since I can't do the ISP thing, I guess I'll just keep calling Customer Service until I get a rep that will put EE on my account. You'd think they wouldn't care since they are getting an extra $10 a month. Heck, it's not like I'm cheating them out of money or anything. lol.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get EE on it? Just keep calling till I get a different rep or?????
    K.R.

Converged
    Originally posted by jrusch
    Dialing in to your ISP won't work. That would require a technology (cell phone to land line ISP) that USCC does not support.

...snip...
    I am not sure what the original poster was asking? Was he asking: can he use the browser on the phone to call into his ISP? If that's his question, I agree it won't work.

However, if he was asking can the 7135 be used as a modem for his PC/Laptop to connect to an ISP then that should work. At least it worked for me on Verizon's network. When I first got the 7135, our company had a firewall for our servers, but no VPN. So I was not able to access our servers, via a 1xRRT #777 call. Instead I set up a Windows Dial Up Networking call from my laptop via USB cable and 7135 fax/modem application to my ISP's (my company) dial in modem pool. I think I only got a 33.6kb connection, but it worked and I was able to connect to our servers without a VPN. I haven't tried it in a year, but I know it worked when I set it up.

I don't have my laptop with me, but I believe I just copied the Windows dialup networking setup for #777 call, changed the phone number and set the appropriate TCP/IP networking properties for our modem pool.

Remember if you use the 7135 modem from your PC/Laptop, you have to install the Kyocera modem drivers on your laptop/pc, make sure you exit Hotsync manager on your PC/Laptop before connecting your phone, and turn on the FAX/Modem application on your 7135 before connecting the phone.

-Stew

No. I have no need for a laptop modem or anything of the sort. I simply want to surf the net on my phone, not through my phone.

But thanks for replying either way.
    K.R.