+ Reply to Thread

Trouble browsing, help!

I am slow to finally attempt the internet. I am with cell one and got the data services turned on yesterday. I have used the qnc settings and it seems to connect. The light is green and the button changes to disconnect, but I can not pull up any web pages. I have an alltel phone, is that making any difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Mikki

What web browser are you using? What cell phone service are you on? You mention having an Alltel phone, but don't say if you are trying to use it on some other service. Since you mention that you have the phone set up for QNC, this would imply you are using the low-speed MOU service. You don't need any special data services to go to the web with a 7135 unless you want to use a high speed connection. You probably need to supply more detailed information before anyone can help you.

Sorry, I will make it more clear. I am on Cellular one service. I have a phone that was originally alltel. I have been on service for several months for phone usage, but have never been able to get internet service. I talked to cell one who of course, was no help but they did recommend starting data and web services, pay as I go. My phone will now connect if I go thru network- connect. It will also connect if I use eudora web, but then says that page can not be found, no matter what web page I try. Do you think that trying another browser might work or is it an issue of have the wrong software for my service. Thanks!
    Mikki

What would happen if you connect thru Network, then go into the EIS app, tap Visit Web, Type in a URL & the tap Go?

If I connect and go thru EIS and try Google for example, a window that states page not found pops up. I've tried several sites with no luck. The green connected light stays on throughout and if I check in network it is still connected. Any help greatly appreciated!
    Mikki

This thread has all my settings for data connections. Try comparing them to your phone. When I got my 1st one, I had problems & a setting was wrong. Obviously Cell1 will have a differnt password setting, etc. You might also want to check that they offer 14.4 data calls. USCC customers don't get that option at all & Cell1 might not, either, especially since Alltel bought Western Wireless, but had to divest the Cell1 service where they already provide service in KS & NE. & guess who bought it - USCC. So if you have local Alltel service providing local ph#s where you live, then your Cell1 service will soon be rebranded USCC.
    Anyway, as far as the 14.4 KB/s connections go, if Cell1 offers a WAP browser for 90% of their phone models (some type of mobile web), and they also have allowed phones to act as dial-up modems for laptops for some time (over 2 years) then it is safe to assume they allow 14.4 data calls. Good luck!