+ Reply to Thread

success with Softick PPP

I am evaluating a trial version of Softick PPP. I have installed and am successfully operational with...
    Novarra WebPro
    Directory Assistance 3.02 R. Whitt
    Weatherman v3.05
    Palmscape3.1.3E
    AIM for Palm OS v1.2 (build 2 )

However I am ...unsuccessful with Snappermail
    fail to connect to pop
    (snapper works fine thru direct connection thru Kyocera/Verizon)

Any advice... updating email is the major reason for me to consider registering Softick PPP.
    <xxx-xxx-xxxx> (unhappy with cellular coverage)

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    What are your Network Preferences set to (from SnapperMail, tap the menu followed by Options -> Network Preferences...) ???

What does a diagnostic log in SnapperMail show you??? (You can run a diag log by following these instructions -> http://www.snappermail.com/support/#12)
    Michael

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SilvrDrgn
    [B]What are your Network Preferences set to (from SnapperMail, tap the menu followed by Options -> Network Preferences...) ???

Same as all the other apps that ARE working w/Softppp...
    Cradle/Cable
    PPP
    Never
    Query DNS (check)
    IP Address Auto (check)

What does a diagnostic log in SnapperMail show you???

Not why Snapper wont connect to some pop accounts, but is fine w/ a IMAP account on the same server (diff port and address)
    and has no trouble with SMTP (on port 25) sending from my same pop account .

Snapper works fine using connection w/ wireless modem/Verizon... (PHONE SIDE) (with the exception of pop Gmail beta up and downness)

I'm starting to think like... DNS cacheing errors or proxy problems, ( I haven't yet put out of my mind a VZW/MS conspiricy!)

(xxx) xxx-xxxx

Most likely a DNS or proxy problem. Please do another diagnostic log by following the instructions here -> http://www.snappermail.com/support/#12. Send it and a detailed description of the problem to "support@snappermail.com". I work part-time on the official SnapperMail support team. So, either Jennifer or I will answer.
    Michael

Silv,
    thanks for the tips! (I got snapper going with some reverse pinging for servers, ... course you NEVER know when pop at gmail will work!)

I'm trying to look at this interface (palmOS) to Lan from all angles. Snapper works fine as intended for the 7135 using VZW$$...
    My destination is to unconverge the phones locked in datacarrier and reassign to a permanent connection (local) when its docked, as its docked WAY more than running up my MOU. The phone side is hardly ever on, but I still use the 7135 for so much other stuff.

xxx.xxxxx
    (from somewhere in the cell tower void)
    Last edited by aka.bugle; 01-12-2006 at 03:31 PM.

You're welcome! Glad you got it to work!
    Michael