+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hotmail access?

Hotmail access?

Is there a way to access my Hotmail account through my 7135? I've looked all over for something simple to use, but there isn't anything out there that's freeware or give you a free trial to see if their software works before you drop the cash and then find it won't work...I know I need something special for Hotmail since they want to be different than everyone else...

I can receive off of my main email account in Eudora, but for some reason it won't send....not sure why....at least not to my Hotmail account it won't send anything to...haven't tried anything else...

I am assuming I have an email account through USCC. I imagine it is my10digitnumber@email.uscc.net, is that right? What would the send and receive servers be? mail.uscc.net?

Thanks
    Phil

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I don't think it's possible because, AFAIK, HotMail doesn't allow POP3 or IMAP access to their systems.
    Michael

For Hotmail I just use the web browser I have installed on my 7135 and go to mobile.msn.com

I'll try the mobile.msn.com. I found another address to use on the internet...when I used it it gave me an error and I had to do a soft reset...

I knew Hotmail didn't support POP3 or IMAP but I was hoping someone had found a way around that...

Thanks!
    Phil

Fully Converged
    I use AvantGo as a browser to go to mobile.msn.com. Has always worked.
    7135 to 650

Ya, I installed AvantGo the other day...I'll try that....my Eudora browser got me as far as going to my email list but not actually reading them....

Thanks!
    Phil

lou
    OCpDa
    I am able to access my Hotmail account via EudoraWeb. From there use the URL: http://mobile.msn.com which should get you to the login window.

Thanks Iou!!
    I was able to sign on, log in, & delete 3 messages from the spam collector in only 5 minutes @ the slower 14.4K. Now does anyone have a FAST way to get to online yellow pages using a FREE browser?

For Yellow pages/wihte pages/ mapps I use Mr Whitts Directory Assistance! Have you tried that?
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Wow! That's soo cool. I can't believe I have been hanging around this site for almost 1 1/2 years & still have so much stuff I haven't picked up yet!!

Thaxman,
    Check out the thread I started in the 7135 FAQ on Setting up and Optimizing your 7135 I tried to collect all the apps and stuff that were written specifically for the 7135.
    Mark
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 02-09-2006 at 07:12 PM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.