+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Verizon Still Swapping out 7135's with 650's?

My 7135 is acting up again, and I think it's time to replace it. Is Verizon still sending out Treo's to replace defective 7135's? Or did I miss the boat?

when I was having trouble a month ago, VW said I was out of warrantee since it was more than 1 year old and directed me to do an insurance claim. With the insurance, I got the runaround and they said it sounded like a software problem and said it wasn't covered. I ended up fixing the problem good enough to continue on for now, but I think it depends on what's wrong with it and how old it is and who you get on the phone. Good luck!

JohnA

You know, you can always say that the "0" button stopped working on your 7135. It is a known flaw, and DEFINATELY not a software problem. The techs won't even bother troubleshooting it.

-Warr

Well, I got it working AGAIN! Gee, won't this thing ever die?! It was doing the thing where it would search constantly for a signal and when it would find a signal it was analog, so I switched it from auto to digital, and ever since it's has been pulling in a great signal. I have a feeling that SRCP is in the future, because my old phone basically did the same thing before it went SRCP. Is Verizon replacing 7135s with SRCP issues indefinitely? Are they still only offering Treo's as replacements? I like the concept of the Treo, but I don't like the form. I haven't used internet on my 7135 in probably a year, so really I could care less about getting internet as call time, but I like the flip, and I like the touch screen with PDA functions. What else is out there?

jy2
    jtfrank, mine was just like yours in the past year, flaking out every few months (especially when the battery was low, or after passing through an airport x-ray machine, it seemed) but every time it eventually revived. SRCP even reared its yellow triangular icon a couple times in the last month.

Well, just yesterday 1/18/06, mine finally succumbed to SRCP for good. No number of resets or mode switching could get it to do anything else.

I called Verizon Data Support this morning and after the agent verified that SRCP came up right after a hard reset, he ordered up a Treo 650 to be shipped by 2-day mail.

Are they making you send the old 7135 back? I have this fishing program on the phone that my son loves, and that phone would be a really cool toy for a 4 year old! I have noticed the same thing about the x-ray machines at airports. My phone almost always acts up on a business trip because of this, and that's the worst time for it to happen! It does all kind of wierd things, like it will have 3 bars of battery life left, and I go to make a call, and it shuts down a minute later because the battery is dead. If I do go the 650 route, I will definitely miss the 7135. I doubt they will ever make another flip, palm based phone again

Everybody please remember, if you really like your 7135, there is a guy on eBay who is repairing them for a very reasonable price. See the thread, "How many are still out there", I believe.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

Talking

Nope. The thread is "Ebayer fixing 7135s?" I just got my phone -- my LIFE -- back this week and it's working fine.

jy2

Yup, have to send back the 7135.

jfrank, the replacement finally came today, and indeed, there's postage paid return shipment instructions for the 7135 being replaced.

One thing I didn't seem to see mentioned before was how you can no longer choose to sync individual components between Outlook and Palm Desktop. Out of the box, it's now all one or all the other. But am trying out Switch Sync Ex that restores this capability.

Wow, all these buttons sure are small tiny to the 7135. I definitely need TealScript or some other Grafitti enabler.

phone:

I just got the 6700. very sweet. So if anyone wants my 7135 the can have it and all its accessories (2 batteries, 2 chargers, direct sync usb cable) . 20.00 (my time) and whatever it costs to ship it. Just email me at bradwjoseph@ureach.com

If I had my 7135 replaced less than a year ago under insurance, is it under warranty so that I can get it replaced with a 650 or even better, a 6700.

Techie in a Cowboy Town

Dropped

One of my employees just dropped her 7135 .. does anyone know if assurian is still sending out 7135's ... I'd hate to go through the learning curve with her again

Fuzzy
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

I wasn't able to get a 7135 from Assurion. They might have more sitting around somewhere, but they told me they no longer supported 7135, and would send me a 600 instead. I said no, and sent the phone to the Ebayer - I highly recommend.

I don't know, I called to get a replacement for my 7135, and he told me that in the morning they had 3 7135's for replacements, but when I called in the afternoon they were gone. But then I talked with another rep, and he said that even if I could get one that they wouldn't activate it because of the whole 911 balony. SO, I took the 650. Don't know if I'll like it, but hey, it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrank
    I doubt they will ever make another flip, palm based phone again
    I'm interested in your reasoning here. I know nothing about predicting future releases -- but I sure will miss my FLIP, PALM & PHONE (to say nothing about ANALOG) when my 7135 finally breaks.

Thanks -- Vincent

What happened to the fora 'round here? Anyway.

I just got my 7135 back from Harold in Michigan, and I couldn't be happier. I will now predict the future: I will be able to use my phone until Verizon comes up with a phone the consider "equivalent" and which I also consider equivalent. I hope.

Further Developments:

Welp. THIS will teach me to predict the future! On Sun. I was walking w/ some friends at the beach, and the phone ejected from the holster INTO SALT WATER! In case you think there's anything less fun than this for a 7135, short of involving molten lava, I'd like to hear it.

Meantime, back to harold for another 24 bux, IF I'M LUCKY.
    Last edited by DCookinLB; 02-13-2006 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Further Developments
    Don Cook

Quote Originally Posted by stu2332
    I just got the 6700. very sweet. So if anyone wants my 7135 the can have it and all its accessories (2 batteries, 2 chargers, direct sync usb cable) . 20.00 (my time) and whatever it costs to ship it. Just email me at bradwjoseph@ureach.com
    Sorry I already sold the phone. But thanks for everyones interest.

http://myspace.com/djpiezo djpiezo's Avatar
    I Have A Kyocera 7135 But I Don't Have Insurance On It....will They Replace My Phone If I Don't Have Insurance On It...anybody Has The Number To Call So I Can Have My 7135 Replaced.....i See Everybody Is Sending There Phone In To Harold I'll Have To Check Him Out....

Quote Originally Posted by djpiezo
    I Have A Kyocera 7135 But I Don't Have Insurance On It....will They Replace My Phone If I Don't Have Insurance On It...anybody Has The Number To Call So I Can Have My 7135 Replaced.....i See Everybody Is Sending There Phone In To Harold I'll Have To Check Him Out....
    My understanding is that they won't replace it.

My advice to you for the most honest way you can handle it and still come out:

Send your phone to the eBay guy and get it insured meanwhile and get it back and initialized or whatever they call it and next time it goes out you will have a decision to make re: repair or replace.
    Don Cook

http://myspace.com/djpiezo djpiezo's Avatar
    thank you for your comments i will send my phone in to get fixed...thanks....and insured