+ Reply to Thread

Holiday Calendar 2006

I am used, since my 6035, to finding a handy and free calendar of holidays to apply to my phone, somewhere for the current year. This year, however, I can't find one.

Where are they to be found, does anyone know? I tried to download one, but it somehow didn't show up. I suspect it was an incompatible format.

Thanks.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

If someone finds one, please post the link. That's something I didn't know was possible - thought I needed to grab paper calander & manually input the floaters like Labor Day.

Quote Originally Posted by thaxman
    If someone finds one, please post the link. That's something I didn't know was possible - thought I needed to grab paper calander & manually input the floaters like Labor Day.
    Yeah, they used to be quite common when I had a 6035.

Different folks who could program the phone (and, I guess, a Palm) would do it as an exercise and leave them places like PalmGear, etc., as freeware. Haven't seen one lately.
    Don Cook

I use this program ... works quite well.

http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...e&prodid=29622

Quote Originally Posted by mjlegel
    I use this program ... works quite well.

http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...e&prodid=29622
    Yes, thanks, I just found that and another. While they are NOT what used to be available, for free, and offer less functionality, still they seem to be all that is around.

There used to be one or three various versions of a palm database. They installed either over or into the calendar and would put all the holiday dates and names and nationalities, where appropriate, IN THE CALENDAR.

No need to consult a separate list. No need to anticipate that a holiday might be coming, it's in the calendar and as I checked upcoming days, they were right there.

It was nice.

I miss them.

Probably the reason they are no longer available, is that there are fewer people programming "for the heck of it" for the Palm than there used to be. I wonder if maybe Rick Whitt could be induced to produce one, because it was a LOT better having the holidays on the calendar, where we more or less expect them to be, than in a list.

Rick?
    Don Cook

As it happens, I had found one that I didn't think worked. What, me? Read the directions?

It turns out there is a file called 2006USA somewhere that you install first to the desktop, not to the handheld, that works just fine. Couldn't install it to the handheld w/ the normal procedure so I thought it didn't work. It's just fine, for now.
    Don Cook