+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Error Code 1231

Error Code 1231

I have been reading this site for years, and I have never had a reason to post anything on here. Now I need some help. I am getting an Error Code 1231 whenever I try to connect to the internet. I am on Verizon, and my phone works very well. I just can't seem to hook up to the internet. It tells me that my PPP has timed out. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Zack

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    That could be problem with the Verizon data service. First, soft reset the 7135 and try the data connection again. If it still doesn't work, then contact Verizon.
    Michael

Hey, I just looked on their website since a relative said they were offered an (UNBELIEVABLE) plan - 700 min family Amer Choice for $50 total - and found that Verizon appears to have either eliminated 14.4 access or plans to in the very near future. The fine print is that all data usage must be with a data plan. I assume they are in the process of phasing out older phones that use 14.4 to access Get It Now, too.
    This may be related????????
    Not the Get it Now part, just the prohibited use of 14.4

Well, I was a little off in my recollection, so here is the exact fine print:

Internet Access
    Mobile Office Kits, PC Cards, PDAs or other wireless modem devices may not be used for Internet access without a subscription to select VZAccess plans.

Verizon Wireless Calling Plans, Rate and Coverage Areas, rates, agreement provisions, business practices, procedures and policies are subject to change as specified in the Customer Agreement.

Last Update 01/01/06

The scariest part of Verizon's approach to eliminating 14.4 Kb data connections is that other carriers (in my case that would be Alltel) will start doing the same thing. Even if I wnated to justify paying the usually outrageous additional fees for a high-speed connection, other posts in this forum seem to indicate that the slow (33 MHz) processor in the 7135 can't keep up with a high speed connection. Let's see, additional income from high-speed data plans and sale of new expensive pda-phones looks pretty good - from the service providers perspective.